Get the latest opportunities by email
by subscribing to our daily updates

How To Get A Matric When You've Already Left School

Adult Matric Abet

If you don’t have a Matric Certificate, you may feel that every one of your school mates is flying high in a top job, or at least employable. The truth is vastly different - according to 2008 statistics - in that out of every 40 pupils who start out together, 31 don’t get their Matric and only 2 gain a university exemption.

How to get a Matric when you've already left school

This is what the new Higher Education and Training Minister is referring to when he mentions fair access and opening up certification alongside Matric, so as to emphasise higher education in South Africa.

According to the above stats, out of the approximately 1.56 million six year olds who entered the school system twelve years ago, 535 000 young adults left school without a Matric. But that doesn’t leave them without options. There are a large number of private colleges and institutions who offer bridging courses in school grades as a way to get Matric if you are an adult.

Intec College is a distance education centre offering business, technical studies and vocational diplomas for students seeking Matric and tertiary-level qualifications.

Materials are designed specifically for home study and, while it is an affordable and easy option, Intec also offers comprehensive student support, qualified tutors and career advice.

For more information, visit them Click Here if you want a second chance at getting your Matric.

Damelin offers Higher Education learning programmes that fall within Levels 5 – 8 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), and include degree and postgraduate programmes, as well as Higher Education Certificates and Diplomas. They also offer Further Education and Training, which consists of all learning and training programmes from levels 2 to 4 on the NQF, or the equivalent of Grades 10 – 12 in the school system. That means you can get your Matric Certificate from one of the best known and most well respected learning institutions in South Africa. To register with them, visit their Click Here to Damelin

Abbotts College specialises in guiding learners through Grade 10, 11 and 12, with campuses in the Western Cape and Gauteng. Abbotts' strengths lie in their small classes, daily routines and supervision, while every student has a personal mentor to ensure a high standard of academic achievement. They also offer an extremely wide spectrum of subjects for those seeking unusual employment. Click here to read more about the College if you think it sounds like somewhere you would like to get your Matric from.


Latest How To Articles

BURGER KING® South Africa plans to keep contributing to the South African economy and creating a significant number of jobs for South Africans over the years. Check out this easy way to apply for jobs at Burger King South Africa.

Copyright: Portal Publishing cc | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Skills Portal | Careers Portal | Jobs Portal | Bursaries Portal | Skills Universe
COVID-19 Corona Virus South African Resource Portal