Second Chance Matric Programme
Do you want that Degree but need to improve your grades first? The Matric second chance programme is an opportunity to better your Matric results and future! Applications are now open!
What is Second Chance matric Programme?
The aim of the Second Chance Matric Programme is to provide support to learners who have not been able to meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or the extended Senior Certificate (SC), thereby meeting the goals of the NDP and the sector thus increasing learner retention.
Benefits of doing the second chance matric programme:
- Learners are able to meet the requirements of the NSC or SC and obtain a Grade 12 matric certificate
- Increase learner retention
- Increase computer skills, job opportunities and career pathing
- Learners are able to access bursary opportunities for further studies
The following candidates will qualify for admission to the Senior Certificate:
Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or
- a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven), stating that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7; or
- a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate and whose School-Based Assessment (SBA) validity has expired.
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
- Adult candidates who are 21 years and older with an incomplete NSC and whose School-Based Assessment component has not yet expired may choose to complete the NSC by registering in January for the 2020 NSC examinations to be written in November, or convert to the Senior Certificate. Should the candidate choose to convert to the Senior Certificate, they may not revert to the NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
Alternatively you can contact:
WhatsApp: +27 63 696 7246
Shakeerah, from Careers Portal, sits down with Min'entle from The Knowledge Trust, to talk about their new WhatsApp Expo! This is the world's first ever WhatsApp Expo and is a 3-month experience covering Guidance, Education, and Employment.
Most popular articles today
The Basic Education Minister addressed the media on Friday afternoon where she gave an update on the Basic Education Employment Initiative. This initiative sees thousands of youth being hired to fill school assistant job vacancies.
Other people were also interested in:
The learner dropout rate in South African public schools led to the Basic Education Minister declaring it as a crisis. The Zero Dropout Campaign has been advocating for strategies to keep learners at school, as President Cyril Ramaphosa encouraged in the National Teachers Award Ceremony last week.
A group of Grade 12 pupils in the Western Cape will soon be writing Africa's first-ever matric paper on marine science. One of them went down her journey in studying the subject over the past three years.