Feenix is a Public Benefit Organisation which was started in June 2017 after the #FeesMustFall movement that spread across campuses in South Africa during 2015 and 2016.
The #FeesMustFall movement shone a light on the high cost of tertiary education and how financial stress impacted students' success rates.
The Feenix team is young, diverse, and passionate about education. They believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth.
Standard Bank, the founding partner, shares in their belief and without their financial support and guidance, Feenix would not be in existence today.
Feenix provides fundraising to students for their education.
If you are interested in finding funding for your studies, see if you qualify for Feenix. Their requirements are as follows:
- A South African citizen/permanent resident/refugee or asylum seeker.
- A registered student at a public South African university.
- Have current or historical debt owing to your university.
- Have a combined household income of under R600k per year.
If you meet these requirements, you may apply to Feenix.
When applying you will need the following:
- Provide a certified copy of your identity document.
- Have an official* fee statement [*(not older than 30 days and on the university’s letterhead).
For more information about Feenix, CLICK HERE.