How to Appeal a NSFAS Rejection
NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries for students who qualify. We have details on how you can appeal if your application is refused. NSFAS appeals close on the 20th of March.
NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries for students who qualify. Last year they approved more than 300 000 applications for funding - but they also rejected 65 000.
If your application is refused you can appeal to NSFAS to reconsider.
NSFAS said an appeal form can be downloaded from the NSFAS website, www.nsfas.org.za, and must be completed and submitted to the Financial Aid Office at the institution.
Alternatively, students can submit appeals directly to NSFAS, along with the required documentation, to email@example.com.
Appeals will only be considered on the following grounds:
- Material change in combined household income (proof of loss of income needed with a fully completed NSFAS form for students that were not previously funded);
- Loss of a bursary/sponsor in the 2019 academic cycle (documented proof should be provided and should be accompanied by a fully completed NSFAS application form);
- Failure to meet academic criteria where prior academic performance has been satisfactory (provide supporting information and documentation that provides details of the reasons that affected performance);
- Failure to meet academic criteria due to medical condition (s) or death of an immediate family member (provide supporting information and documentation);
- Student had a gap year in NSFAS funding or failed to register previously and could not reapply for funding;
- More than one student from the same household concurrently enrolled at a university/TVET college; and
- Applying for an approved post graduate qualification (see section F on the appeal form for list).
Students are encouraged to log in on the myNSFAS self-service portal www.nsfas.org.za to check their application status update, for those students that have been approved for funding, their status will now reflect as: ‘Approved for funding subject to registration’, and for those who have been rejected for funding, the status will reflect as ‘Application unsuccessful’.
The closing date for appeals is now 20 March 2020.
Distance learning works for many people with certain needs as much as full-time studies. What are the possible tips for someone interested in doing their studies with University of South Africa (UNISA)? Continue reading for more details.
You can now apply for Trimester 3 studies at Ekurhuleni East TVET College. Are you interested? Well then keep reading to find out what’s on offer and how you can apply.
Most popular articles today
If you’re interested in benefiting from SASSA’s Special Relief of Distress grant and you want to know more about it being revived, keep reading. Minister Lindiwe Zulu has given some insight into how this round of grants will work.
South African Schools appear to be at risk of closure despite reopening on Monday. This comes after the Eastern Cape MEC for Education announced that there would be a closure of all dysfunctional schools as well as the merger of a school into another in Limpopo.
Primary schools in the country saw an influx of learners this morning as all learners are now back in class at full capacity everyday, abandoning the rather problematic rotational timetable. There have been mixed reactions when it comes to this change.
Other people were also interested in:
Do you have Matric? Or are you just finishing high school? If so, a bridging course can help you get the appropriate marks that will allow you to start a course of your choice at a university or college. Bridging courses are bridging the gap from high school to varsity.
Mathematics has been giving many learners sleepless nights for many years simply because of the effort each learner needs to put in in order to achieve a pass. Many of those fears come from ideas that are not tested for facts, but you can read further for more information about the subject.
If you’re looking for a career with excitement and a healthy dose of fun, then these lifestyle career opportunities may be just the thing for you. Register for a Soul Candi course with our industry-recognised Head of Department Blanka Mazimela.