When and how to use masks.
Cloth face-masks need to be worn and cleaned properly
- The face-mask must cover the nose and mouth completely.
- Face-masks should not be lowered when speaking, coughing or sneezing.
How to properly use a cloth mask
- It is very important that cloth masks are used correctly.
- Incorrect use might result in users putting themselves at risk of spreading Covid-19
Guidelines for use are as follows:
- Only use a mask that has been washed and ironed.
- Wash your hands before putting the mask on.
- Place the mask with the correct side facing your face, and ensure that it covers both your nose and mouth properly.
- Tie the strings behind your head, or if you are using elastic bands, make sure these are tight.
- Make sure it fits well. Move it around to get the best fit. Never touch the cloth part.
- Once you have put on the mask, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE again until you take it of.
- When you take it off, undo the ties, and carefully fold the mask inside out, hold it by the strings/elastic and place the mask in a container reserved for washing the cloth mask.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and dry before doing anything else.
- Wash cloth masks with warm soapy water and iron when dry.
- You must have at least two cloth masks per person so you will be able to wash one and have a clean one ready for use.
- Masks should be washed with soap and hot water, rinsed thoroughly and ironed.