Wits Applications For 2022 Are Open
The University of the Witswatersrand, better known as Wits, produces more millionaires than any other university in SA. If you want to be a part of that statistic one day, apply now!
Wits offers undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees and diplomas, as well as a range of short courses and part-time and online offerings. Being located in Johannesburg, places them in a good poisition to be aligned with the industry. Wits offers many opportunities in academic, cultural and sporting options for it's students.
On their website, the institutions boasts, "Our graduates have gone on to become global leaders in every field of endeavour. Through their civic engagement, they have built cultural institutions, fought injustices and made their communities better places to live in."
Wits University has 5 faculties encompassing the Sciences, Commerce, Law, Management, Engineering, Health Sciences and Humanities with 33 schools offering over 3000 courses.
- Commerce, Law and Management: Accountancy, Business Sciences, Economics and Finance, Law, Wits Business School, Wits School of Governance
- Engineering and the Built Environment: Architecture and Planning, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Chemical & Metallurgical Engineering, Construction Economics & Management, Electrical & Information Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering, Mining Engineering
- Health Sciences: Anatomical Sciences, Clinical Medicine, Oral Health Sciences, Pathology, Physiology, Public Health, Therapeutic Sciences
- Humanities: Wits School of Arts, Wits School of Education, Human and Community Development, Literature, Language and Media, Social Sciences
- Science: Animal, Plant and Environmental Science, Chemistry, Computer Science and Applied Mathematics, Geography, Archaeology and Environmental Sciences, Geosciences, Mathematics, Molecular and Cell Biology, Physics, Statistics and Actuarial Science
Application Closing Dates
- 30 June 2021 - Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV
- 30 September 2021 - All other University programmes
How To Apply to Wits
- Go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- Choose your pgrogrammes
- You may apply for a maximum of three programmes
- Upload supporting documents
- Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 Results. The results must be certified and bear your school stamp.
- Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates. A physical/hard copy of the certificates, originally certified, must be submitted to the Wits Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC), Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Wits University via hand delivery, registered mail or courier.
- Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
- Pay application fee
- Submit application
- Access the self-service portal
- If you're accepted, you're going to need to accept or reject the offer.
You will receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application. The acknowledgment email will contain a person number.
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates.
- Use your T Number or Person Number as reference
- Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account
- Scroll down on this webpage for payment details
Additional Forms and Selection Procedures
- B Social Work applicants must write their NBTs by 31 October 2021.
- Engineering and the Built Environment
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies - application exercises
- Bachelor of Engineering Science in Digital Arts - additional requirements
- Health Sciences: Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy applicants are also required to complete observation hours and submit the below Certificate of Attendance.
Maluta Netshipale, the 2020/2021 Curro Serengeti Head Girl has secured the attention not only of one international university, but three.
Most popular articles today
Nationally, vaccination drives have been successful. However, some young people have been hesitant to receive a jab, and this remains a daunting challenge. The conversation has reached a point of people asking questions about whether vaccination should be made mandatory in certain spaces.
Other people were also interested in:
NSFAS applications are officially open so apply now on myNSFAS so that you can be financed for the first step to a great future. Part of applying is that you have to submit documents to NSFAS so you might ask yourself, which documents then? Well, here 's the answer.