What To Do If You Lost Your Unisa Certificate?

Unfortunately, if you are not organized you may find that you have lost your Unisa certificate. If you are wondering if you can get a replacement certificate, keep on reading.



The University of South Africa (UNISA) is located in Pretoria. They have nearly 400 000 students currently enrolled from across South Africa, Africa and the world.

The UNISA website states that UNISA is South Africa's most productive University. Their website also claims that close to 50 000 students receive certificates, degrees and diplomas annually.

If you were one of those students who received a Unisa certificate and unfortunately, lost or misplaced it, you may be wondering if you can request a replacement certificate.

Unfortunately, the university does not replace certificates or provide copies of those certificates.

However, you may request a statement instead of a lost certificate. Unisa will consider such a request, provided that the following is submitted to the Division: Graduations:

  • A sworn declaration in which you indicate what happened to the original certificate.
  • A covering letter confirming your latest postal address and contact details.
  • A certified copy of your ID/passport.

Click here to visit the Unisa website.

Article Category

Other Articles

A Diploma in Grade R Teaching is the minimum qualification for Grade R teachers. The purpose of the Diploma in Grade R Teaching is to develop teachers who can demonstrate general principles, as well as focused knowledge and skills appropriate for Grade R teaching.

At Nedbank, they offer the following solutions through our frontline clusters, Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking, Nedbank Retail and Business Banking, Nedbank Wealth and Nedbank Africa Regions:

  • A wide range of wholesale and retail banking services.
  • A growing insurance, asset management and wealth management offering. 

A social grant refers to grants paid by government to South African citizens who are in need of assistance. In South Africa, social grants are administered by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). Social grants are in place to help improve standards of living in society and are given to people who are vulnerable to poverty and in need of state support.

SARS eFiling is a free, online process for the submission of returns and declarations and other related services.
This free service allows taxpayers, tax practitioners and businesses to register free of charge and submit returns and declarations, make payments and perform a number of other interactions with SARS in a secure online environment.