University of Limpopo Applications for 2022 Are Open
Applications to study at the University of Limpopo in 2022 are now open. Applicants should apply online.
The University of Limpopo has opened their applications for 2022. Applications close on 29 October for South Africans and 30 September 2021 for internationals.
National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Bachelor exemption
Prospective students, with an NSC, who wish to gain entry to any undergraduate programme at the University of Limpopo, should comply with the following:
- Life Orientation with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- Aligned with the language policy of the university, English as a language of learning and teaching with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- The required minimum levels of achievement in specific subjects as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty, provided that:
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of four (4) for degree programmes and
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of three (3) for diploma programmes.
- The required Admission Point Score (APS) as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty.
Meeting the minimum APS for a particular programme does not, however, guarantee admission.
Matriculation Certificate (prior 2008)
Students, who successfully completed Grade 12 before 2008, can apply for admission to the University with the normal Grade 12 Senior Certificate with full university exemption by converting their grade symbols to an APS.
National Certificate (Vocational)
- Students who have successfully completed a National Certificate Vocational NC(V) Level 4 qualification will require the following and will be subject to Faculty Admission Specifications and Placement Tests:
- NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 60% (Life Orientation included) and 4 relevant vocational subjects at 70% for degree programmes.
- NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 50% (Life Orientation included) and 3 compulsory vocational subjects at 60% for diploma programmes.
How To Apply
Step 1: Apply online here
Step 3: Once you have submitted your application form, please wait for 4 weeks before checking on your application status.
Online application is free and you will need a valid email address and an internet connection.
Upload certified copies of the following in PDF format when you apply for undergraduate studies:
- Your ID if you are a South African citizen
- Your passport if you are an international student
- Your guardian/parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18 years
- National Senior Certificate if you have already matriculated
- Your final Grade 11 results with the school’s stamp if you are still in Grade 12
- Your academic record, only if you are a current student at another institution of higher learning
- USAf accreditation from the examination board for South African universities, only if you are an international student. Apply to mb.usaf.ac.za for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age conditional exemption.
- Health Sciences
- Science & Agriculture
- Management & Law
The University of Limpopo's vision is to be a leading African University focused on the developmental needs of its communities and epitomising academic excellence and innovativeness.
With the education sector is in dire need of educators to accommodate the high volume of South African students, the need for qualified educators is paramount. In South Africa, there are a number of bursary funds available to support students who would like to enter the education sector.
Have you always wanted to join the South African Navy? A career in the South African Navy is a life-changing opportunity.
Most popular articles today
Funding for missing middle students has been a topic of discussion for some time. Minister Blade Nzimande recently said the Department of Higher Education and Training has been working with the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) to find solutions.
The South African Social Services Agency (SASSA) has urged the Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant applicants to appeal through their system. This after a fake social media post that said appeals are processed through emails.
Other people were also interested in:
Many applicants for the SASSA R350 grant are left with a status saying 'Pending' and don't know what this means or where their application is. Read more to find out what this means and also what happens to your application after you apply.