The University of the Free State (UFS) is now making use of a new platform to provide students with important communications and official messages from the university. This platform is called ConnectYard and it delivers timely Blackboard notifications to students via their WhatsApp account or their personal email.
Students will be able to receive announcements from their Blackboard modules and lecturers on WhatsApp and email about urgent changes, reminders and important information regarding their modules.
The only thing needed for students to receive these communications on this platform is for them to register for ConnectYard, data rates will also apply when receiving notifications on Whatsapp or via email.
UFS will have sent students communications via how to videos and other resources with regards to how to set up and use ConnectYard.
How To Register For ConnectYard
- Click here to create an account on ConnectYard
- Create an account by entering your details and creating a password
- Click 'Submit'
- On the next page you may then choose the language in which you would like to communicate
- Click 'Next'
- Click on either the Whatsapp or Email
- Then enter your details for each platform, you will need a valid email address and WhatsApp number.
- You will receive a verification code to these accounts which you provided and then you are required to enter this on the site.
- Click 'Verify' then 'Next'
- On the next page you may choose how frequently you would like to receive communications.
- Click 'Save'
- Lastly you can upload a profile picture and then click 'Next' to complete your registration.