North West University has opened their applications for 2022.
At North West University, they promote being one and being a part of something bigger. They give rise to equity, redress and globally competitive teaching and research. Students benefit from great choice and flexibility, enabling them to fulfill their potential and start preparing for their careers.
How to apply online
- Get a student number (Go to step 2 if you already have one)
- Go to the new online application platform
- Click on 'New application'
- Click on 'Create new student number' and complete all the fields
- Log in
- Choose what you want to study
- Find information on courses, admission requirements, etc here
- Upload supporting documents
- Grade 12 results (only June or final results, March results will not be considered), grade 11 results (final results only) or a copy of your matric certificate - if you have already passed matric.
Copy of your ID
Copy of your academic record (if applicable)
Additional documents for international prospective students:
A copy of relevant results
A copy of your passport
Complete undertaking which can be found here
- Non-selection courses: 30 September 2021
- Music: 31 August 2021 - Also apply for an audition before the closing date
- Graphic Design: 31 August 2021
- Engineering: 30 September 2021
- Occupational Hygiene: 30 September 2021
- Urban and Regional planning: 30 September 2021
- Pharmacy: 31 July 2021
- All other selection courses: 31 July 2021
NWU is a part of the bigger plan to transform higher education. NWU has produced a healthy financial surplus, improved student pass rates, increased research output and risen in the corporate governance rankings for South African universities.
At NWU, community is important and they aim to serve and provide according to the needs of the community. Amongst it's many processes of transformation, NWU also provides gender awareness and a safe space for the LGBTQIA+ community while solving relevant matters.
They offer Undergrate studies, Postgrad studies, Distance Learning and Short Courses.
NWU has three campuses, namely: Mafikeng Campus, Potchefstroom Campus and the Vaal Triangle Campus.
The following faculties and courses are available at NWU:
- Economic and Management Sciences - Accounting Sciences, Business & Governance (Business School), Economic Sciences, Industrial Psychology and Human Resource Management, Management Sciences, Tourism
- Education - Language Education, Psycho-Social Education, Professional Studies in Education, Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, Commerce and Social Studies in Education
- Engineering - Chemical and Minerals Engineering, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- Health Sciences - Human Movement Sciences, Kinderkinetics, Psychosocial Health, Pharmacy, Physiology, Consumer Sciences, Nutrition, Occupational Hygiene, Nursing
- Humanities - Communication Studies, Government Studies, Languages, Music, Philosophy, Social Sciences
- Law - BA (Law), Bcom (Law), LLB
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences - Physical and Chemical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Geo- and Spatial Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Computer Sciences and Information Systems, Business Mathematics and Informatics
- Theology - Christian Ministry and Leadership, Ancient Language and Text Studies