How To Use MyUnisa
Unisa is a university which utilises the Open and Distance Learning method which allows students to have their own schedule. If you're a new student wondering how to use myUnisa, then keep reading to find out.
The University of South Africa (Unisa) is a university which utilises the Open and Distance Learning method which allows students to have their own schedule. This university is known worldwide as the longest standing university committed to distance education, and it enrolls close to a third of all higher education students in South Africa.
Unisa offers open distance e-learning that can help you attain degrees, diplomas and certificates.
Once students have received confirmation of their registration at this university they are required to register on myUnisa. myUnisa is the university's online student portal where students can download study material and resources, including tutorial letters.
Students are able to navigate the following information using the myUnisa Student Portal:
- enrolments - codes, unit value, teaching, etc.
- personal details - full name, date of birth, postal address, contact details and study period
- assignment details - dates assignments have been received, interim results, final assignment marks
- final grade - your overall final grade can be accessed online apporximately six weeks after the end of the study period.
- access to your Unisa email account and library records.
Once students have received their student numbers they must register on myUnisa.
How To Access The MyUnisa Student Portal
- Go to the myUNISA student portal.
- Click on ‘Claim UNISA Login.’
- Type in your student number and click 'Continue.'
- Fill in the personal information form (Surname, Full names, DOB, South African ID No/ Passport No/ Foreign ID. Enter either ID No or Passport No, not both) and click 'Continue.'
- Read through the terms and check the boxes and then click 'Acknowledge.'
- You will see a page showing your account details (mylife email address and phone number) and also an initial UNISA password. The password will be for both myUnisa and myLife email account.
Once students have registered for myUnisa they can then access their myLife email account where important information is regularly communicated.
Students are advised to log out of their myUnisa email account when they are done using it when accessing it through a public computer or device.
Helping you tick every requirement off your ‘where-to-study’ checklist is Boston City Campus! An accredited Higher Education Institution, Boston offers Postgrad, Degrees, Diplomas and Higher Certificates -full-time, part-time and online. At the centre of our institutional goals lies our commitment to the learning and development of our students -these form a culture of excellence, resilience, and entrepreneurship.
Most popular articles today
Civil society groups such as, Equal Education have called for key changes to be made to the Basic Education Law Amendment Bill to ensure that schools have safe and workable policies that protect learners’ basic rights.
Mid-year university examinations have been halted due to protests at the Umlazi Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT) campus. The university’s executive held a meeting to come up with solutions.