The University of South Africa (UNISA) Nursing School offers prospective students an opportunity to receive accredited training in nursing. This is how you can apply.
How to Apply
In order to apply to Nursing at the University of South Africa (UNISA) for the 2022 academic year, you must follow the steps below:
- Go to the UNISA Application portal at https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default
- At the home page of the UNISA website, click on the “Admission” tab
- Click the “Apply for Admission” tab
- Select your qualification in which you want to apply
- Read the information you see on the screen very carefully
- Proceed via the online application process
In order to meet the admission requirements to study nursing at Unisa, it is recommended that candidates must have completed the following subjects in matric: Mathematics, Physical Sciences, and Biology.
Candidates who have finished level 4 or literacy level 5 in mathematics, level 4 in physical science and level 4 in biological science will be considered for admission to the programme.
Clinical training takes place in the province's general and midwifery hospitals, as well as mental hospitals, the community, and community health service centres.