The University of South Africa (Unisa) offers many Health and Safety courses at different qualification levels.
The following programmes in Health and Safety are offered at Unisa:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 Short Course
- Care for the Caregiver Short Course
- Safety Management (Diploma NQF level 6)
- Logotherapy Meaning-Centred Living, Counselling and Psychotherapy:; Train-The-Trainor Short Course
- Managing Health and Nutrition in Adverse Conditions Short Course
- The Support of Children at Risk Short Course
- Training Trainers in HIV and AIDS Care and Counselling Short Course
- Practical skilss for HIV AIDS Care and Counselling Short Course
These courses have varying durations because Unisa is an open distance e-learning university which allows students to pursue their studies by using online resources and structuring their courses according to their unique schedules.
How To Apply
- Go to: http://www.unisa.ac.za/
- Click on Apply for admission
- Click on the type of programme you would like to apply for
- Click on Apply for admission again
- Read the information and click on "apply online"
- From there you will be asked to fill in personal details
- Select the qualification you want to apply for
- Complete all the required fields in the application form
- Upload the required documents
- Submit your application
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
You might need to pay an application fee using the bank details specified on Unisa's website. However, there are no application fees for Short Learning programmes.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available.