UL Late Application 2024
The University of Limpopo has opened their late applications for 2024. Apply now!
UL late applications will close on 5 February.
The University of Limpopo's vision is to be a leading African University focused on the developmental needs of its communities and epitomising academic excellence and innovativeness.
Faculty of Science & Agriculture
- BSc Agric in Economics
- BSc Agric in Animal Production
- BSc Agric in Livestock and Pasture Science
- BSc Agric in Soil Science
- BSc Agric in Horticulture
- BSc Agric in Crop Science
- All Foundation Programmes and Honours Programmes
Faculty of Education
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education & Training
- Master of Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education
Faculty of Management & Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce Extended Programme
- Bachelor of Commerce Accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce Extended Programme
- Bachelor of Commerce in Information Systems Extended Programme
- Bachelor of Commerce in Information Systems
Faculty of Health Sciences
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health
- Bachelor of Health Sciences in Human Movement Science
- Doctor of Nursing
- Master of Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS
Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities
- Post Graduate Diploma in Translation and Interpreting
Applicants must ensure that they meet admission requirements before they submit an application to study at the university.
University of Limpopo Late Application 2024
National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Bachelor exemption
Prospective students, with a National Senior Certificate (NSC) who want to gain entry to any undergraduate programme at the University of Limpopo must meet the following requirements:
- Life Orientation with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- The student must be aligned with the language policy of the university, English as a language of learning and teaching with an achievement of at least three (3).
- The required minimum levels of achievement in specific subjects as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty, provided that:
- Four 20- credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of four (4) for degree programmes and
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of three (3) for diploma programmes.
- The required Admission Point Score (APS) as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty.
Applicants should note that meeting the minimum APS for a particular programme does not guarantee admission to that programme.
Matriculation Certificate (prior 2008)
Applicants who completed Grade 12 before 2008, can apply for admission to the University with the normal Grade 12 Senior Certificate with full university exemption by converting their grade symbols to an APS.
National Certificate (Vocational)
- Students who have completed a National Certificate Vocational NC(V) Level 4 qualification will require the following and will be subject to Faculty Admission Specifications and Placement Tests:
- NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 60% (Life Orientation included) and 4 relevant vocational subjects at 70% for degree programmes.
- NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 50% (Life Orientation included) and 3 compulsory vocational subjects at 60% for diploma programmes.
How To Apply
Apply online here
Online application is free and you will need a valid email address and an internet connection.
Upload certified copies of the following in PDF format when you apply for undergraduate studies:
- Your ID if you are a South African citizen
- Your passport if you are an international student
- Your guardian/parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18 years
- National Senior Certificate if you have already matriculated
- Your final Grade 11 results with the school’s stamp if you are still in Grade 12
- Your academic record, only if you are a current student at another institution of higher learning
- USAf accreditation from the examination board for South African universities, only if you are an international student. Apply to mb.usaf.ac.za for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age conditional exemption.
Applicants who are unable to afford the fees at the University of Limpopo have many options available for financial aid.
The university also has on-campus and off-campus student accommodation that applicants may apply for. These residences have limited spaces so students are encouraged to apply on time.
For more detailed information on the tuition fees, applications and courses offered by the University of Limpopo, you can visit our Where To Study directory.