2023 applications are now open at Mangosuthu University of Technology. Applications are to be done online.
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
Minimum Entrance Requirements
- National Senior Certificate with a diploma pass or N3 with 50% pass in Mathematics and English
- A minimum of 5 subjects with level 4 pass for diploma study and level 3 for Access Courses
- English Home Language or First Additional language, level 4 pass
- Specific subject combination and pass level relevant to the qualification
- Minimum points as per faculty requirement and as listed on the CAO handbook
How To Apply
Applications may be done online or application forms may be collected from the university. Online applications are done through the Central Applications Office (CAO).
- All first year applications are submitted through the Central Applications Office (CAO).
- Application forms can be downloaded from the CAO website
- You may also apply online by going to www.cao.ac.za, click on the apply tab, then click on apply now, and follow the easy application process.
- The CAO number appears in tear-off slip on the CAO application form.
- Use your unique CAO number as a reference when paying the application fee.
SOUTH AFRICAN APPLICANTS
- National Senior Certificate or Statement of Results
- Senior Certificate
- Identity Document
- Students transferring from other universities should submit an original academic record and a certificate of good conduct
NON-SOUTH AFRICAN APPLICANTS
- A valid study permit
- A valid medical aid/health insurance cover
- A valid passport
- GCE, GCSE, IGCSE or Cambridge School Certificate
- Students holding a GCE GCSE IGCSE or the Cambridge School Certificate must have passed five approved ordinary level subjects including English language provided three subjects have been passed at the same examination sitting.
Important closing dates
- Faculty of Engineering – first semester applications - 30 September
- Faculty of Engineering – second semester applications - 31 May
- Faculty of Natural Sciences - 30 September
- Analytical Chemistry – second semester applications - 31 May
- Faculty of Management Sciences - 30 September