Apply For 2022 At Tshwane University of Technology
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) recognises themselves as a university that empowers people. Apply to TUT now!
Tshwane University of Technology has opened their applications for 2022. This is for both July 2021 study and 2022 study.
TUT offers more than 400 career options, attracting more than 60 000 students annually. Apart from having the finest academic minds from all over the world, TUT also offers a rich multicultural student life, ensuring that our students enjoy a well-rounded varsity experience.
Tshwane University of Technology is a higher education institution in South Africa that came into being through a merger of three technikons — Technikon Northern Gauteng, Technikon North-West and Technikon Pretoria.
How To Apply
- 31 May: Applications for July 2021 intake
- 15 June: International and specified programmes applications for 2022
- 31 July: Applications for specified programmes along with Masters and Doctorate programmes for 2022
- 30 September: Applications for all other programmes
General admission requirements for TUT
- A pass mark in English at Senior Certificate level (minimum additional language; certain programmes may require first or home language status)
- Each course has its own specific admission requirements.
- Prospective students should note that the admission requirements of individual programmes could change from year to year.
- For some programmes, students will be required to write an admission test, which will determine whether they will be admitted to the programme, or whether it will be recommended to them that they enrol for a relevant foundation course.
- Arts and Design: Design Studies, Fine and Studio Arts, Interior Design, Performing Arts, Visual Communication
- Economics and Finance: Accounting, Auditing, Economics, Finance and Investment, Public Sector Finance
- Engineering and the Built Environment: Architecture and Industrial Design, Building Sciences, Chemical, Metalurgical and Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geomatics, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical and Automation Engineering
- Humanities: Applied Languages, Integrated Communication, Journalism, Law, Public Management, Safety and Security Management, School of Education
- Information and Communication Technology: Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, ICT First Years' and Foundation Unit, Informatics, Information Technology
- Management Sciences: Business and Information Management Services, Business School, Hospitality Management, Management and Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Supply Chain and Sport Management, Operations Management, People Management and Development, Tourism Management
- Science: Adelaide Tambo School of Nursing Science, Animal Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology and Food Technology, Chemistry
- Arcadia Campus
- Arts Campus
- Pretoria Campus
- Ga-Rankuwa Campus
- North and South Campuses in Soshanguve
TUT also has service points in Cape Town and Durban.
TUT also offers Distance Education. Distance Education offers Diplomas in the Department Safety and Security. It offers Policing and Traffic courses. Distance Education applicants should reside in the vicinity of Durban or Cape Town because they will have to be able to attend contact classes and write class tests and examinations at the Durban or Cape Town Service points.
However, you cannot apply to Distance Education Programmes online.
Distance Education Application
No faxed or e-mailed Applications for Admission to be accepted.
Application for Admission Forms should be couriered (door to door) to the TUT Distance Education Unit.
Find application forms here.
How To Track Your Application
Unisa is an open distance learning university which allows students to pursue their studies by using online resources and study materials provided by Unisa themself. They provide quality tertiary education which can be completed in a schedule chosen by the student.
Are you interested in representing your fellow peers at Red & Yellow? Well, now is your chance to apply for a seat on their Student Body. Allow your voice to be heard.
Once you've been approved to have your studies funded by NSFAS, there are requirements you'll need to keep up during your studies to ensure that you stay funded by NSFAS. Keep reading to learn more.
Most popular articles today
Apply now for Second Semester at Lovedale TVET College. As a public institution falling under the Department of Higher Education and Training, Lovedale is fully accredited to offer programmes and courses.
A school in the Free State province has suspended teaching and learning due to the rising Covid-19 cases. Parents have demanded that all learners be tested before they return to school.
A Professor at the University of Cape Town says that the fire which caused destruction to parts the of university's campus has exposed the failures of the university's management.
Other people were also interested in:
There are more than 300 colleges in South Africa that are registered and accredited with the government and give a good education and a worthwhile qualification at the end. But you do have to watch out because every year some fraudsters will start up a bogus college and not register, or lie and say they are registered when they are not. Before you pay money you need to make 100% sure that your college is the real deal!
The SRC of Mangosuthu University of Technology has met with the university's management to discuss issues of financial exclusion and historical debt among others. This comes after protests broke out at the university in which students and the police clashed.
North West University is on it's way to open the 11th medical school in South Africa and the first in the North West. The university aims to proved more doctors in the country and more importantly in the rural areas.
A Diploma in Grade R Teaching is the minimum qualification for Grade R teachers. The purpose of the Diploma in Grade R Teaching is to develop teachers who can demonstrate general principles, as well as focused knowledge and skills appropriate for Grade R teaching.