Unisa 2024 Application
Unisa applications for the 2024 academic year opened on the 1st September 2023 for all undergraduate qualifications as well as advanced certificates, higher certificates, honours degrees, postgraduate diplomas and advanced diplomas.
Do you want to apply to University of South Africa during this application period for 2024? If you want to apply for admission this detailed guide on the 2024 application process will help you do so.
Unisa Application Process
Are you thinking of doing a Unisa course during this application period? This could be a bachelor's degree or a postgrad degree. You will have to submit your Unisa online application but how do you do this and what do you need?
If you need help with your Unisa application for 2024 you are in luck because we can help you.
We have the information you need about how to apply online to Unisa, how to upload documents to support your application, how to keep track of your Unisa application and loads more.
Who Should Be Applying to Unisa To Study?
If you want to start a new qualification, like a Bachelor's degree, you need to make sure you apply for the course you want to study. The online application process includes if you are applying to Unisa (University of South Africa) for the first time, if you are a Unisa student already but you want to change to a new course.
The other groups who should also apply to Unisa are people who have applied before and been accepted but did not register - or if you are currently studying a higher certificate or other programme and you want to study another undergraduate course next year.
What You'll Need For Your Unisa Application
You start off with some basic information for your Unisa 2024 application which shouldn't be too difficult to find.
- A valid email address
- A valid cellphone number
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of official tertiary academic record (if applicable)
- Application fee of R125 for application at Unisa which should be paid once you receive your student number
- Supporting documents for your application
Start applying For Your Unisa Courses
Here's how to apply to Unisa during this application period for the next academic year:
- Head to the 'Apply for admission' page
- Once you're here, you will see options for which qualification you want to apply to. Choose the type of qualification you're applying for.
- Read the information then click on 'Start the process'
- Read the information then click on 'Proceed to ODL and Unisa'
- Read the information and then scroll back to the top and click on the circle with a number 2 inside which says 'Are you certain about your career?'
- Read the information about applications to Unisa and then scroll back to the top and click on the circle with a number 3 inside which says 'Choose or find your qualification?'. (If you require more information on the courses being offered and the different faculties, scroll down to where it says 'Explore qualifications by interest fields'. Once you know which faculty you want to go into and the qualification you want to pursue, to go back to select, click on the circle with a number 3 inside which says 'Choose or find your qualification?' again.)
- You can then select your qualification by college (faculty) or level.
- Once here, you will find the different qualifications Unisa offers in that college/faculty. If you click on the different qualifications, you will find information such as admission requirements and if you click on 'Registration and curriculum information', you will find the modules that belong to that specific qualification.
- You then head back to the page where it shows the different qualifications offered with the step circles on top.
- You have now found the qualification you want to apply for and should now click on the circle with a number 4 inside which says 'Apply for admission'
- Read the information and then click on 'CLICK HERE to apply online'
- In the first section, click on the bubble next to the qualification you're studying towards.
- If you already have a student number, click yes. If not, click no.
- Fill in your details and follow the prompts.
- Once you're done, you'll need to submit relevant documents.
It's important to remember that your Unisa application for 2024 isn't complete until you have submitted the relevant documents in support.
What Documents Are Needed For Your Unisa Application?
Once the student has deduced that they have met all the necessary requirements to enrol as a Unisa student, they will need to supply the following documents to complete their Unisa application status. Make sure your student number is correct on your applications for admission as well as the other personal details for your application process.
- Copy of school qualifications, i.e. a diploma, National Senior Certificate (NSC), etc.
- Copy of official tertiary academic records (if applicable and you have studied before to get an academic record)
- Copy of ID or passport depending on whether you are a South African citizen or international student
- Copy of marriage certificate or divorce certificate (if applicable)
Submitting documents For Your Unisa Application
- Head to the 'Apply for admission to Unisa: application tool' page
- Click on the bubble next to 'Documents'
- Fill in your information
- Click on choose file and select the corresponding files from your device
- Click on 'Upload'
- Once done submitting all documents, click on 'Submit documents and continue'
- Now, you need to pay the application fee
Unisa Application fees
When you are online use the student number you receive from Unisa and the application fee reference number (ie STUDENTNUMBER 5370810030).
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
Browse Careers Portal for more information about paying your Unisa application fee.
How to track your Unisa application
- If you have student enquiries head to the 'Apply for admission: application tool' page
- Scroll to the bottom and select the bubble next to status.
- Fill in your details and it should then show you what the current status of your application is.
- If you're accepted, you'll need to accept the offer here.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the bubble next to 'Offer'
- After accepting, you'll need to register and then you can consider yourself a student of Unisa.
What to do if your UNISA application is still pending
If your Unisa application status is still pending and you haven't received a decision yet, there are a few steps you can take.
First, be patient. The application process can take some time, especially during peak applications period. It's important to give the university enough time to review your application thoroughly.
However, if it has been an unusually long time and you haven't heard anything, you can contact the Unisa admissions office for an update.
They will be able to provide you with more information about the status of your application and any potential delays. This applies to undergraduate courses, postgrad courses, as well as to a master's or doctoral qualification.
Common reasons for Unisa application delays and how to resolve them
There are several common reasons why your Unisa 2024 application status may experience delays. One common reason is missing or incomplete documentation. It's important to ensure that you have submitted all the required documents and that they are filled out correctly to try to get your admission status.
If you realize that you have missed something or made a mistake, you should contact the admissions office as soon as possible to rectify the issue.
Another common reason for delays is a high volume of applications. During peak application periods, such as the start of a new semester, the admissions office may be overwhelmed with applications, leading to longer processing times.
Unfortunately, there is not much you can do in this situation except to be patient and wait for your application to be reviewed.
Technical issues can also cause delays in the application process. If you are experiencing any technical difficulties with the online application system or if you are unable to access your student portal, it's important to reach out to the Unisa IT support team for assistance.
To resolve these delays, it's important to stay proactive and communicate with the admissions office. If you have any concerns or questions about the status of your application, don't hesitate to reach out to them for clarification.
They will be able to provide you with updates and guidance on how to resolve any issues that may be causing delays.
What is the myUnisa student portal used for?
Each student may make use of the portal to access their module resources, view study materials, submit assignments, interact with other students, and with your e-tutor or group. You need to stay up to date with your teaching and learning curriculum to know when you have to submit assignments or take tests.
The MyUnisa portal connects to the university learning system so you can manage all your course work, research, etc on the site. There is also a web based email so you can have an account just for your university studies.
Unisa Application Period Closing Date
Unisa's application period to apply for admission to undergraduate qualifications, honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas with the closing date being 13 October.
Applications to apply for admission for masters doctoral qualifications are also open and this application period will close on 10 November.
Registrations for short learning programmes are not yet open.
Need To Contact Student Services?
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 012 429 3111 (Option 2)
You can also contact Unisa for student assistance.
Best of luck! - We hope all goes well with your application during this application period.
For more Unisa content, click here.