UNDP RCO Programme Support Intern 2021
Are you dedicated to world development and want to gain practical experience to complement your studies?
RCO Programme Support Intern
Location :Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
Application Deadline :29-Nov-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category :Management
Type of Contract :Internship
Languages Required :English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)04-Jan-2021
Duration of Initial Contract :6 months
Required Skills and Experience
- Interns are selected on a competitive basis.
Applicants to internships must at the time of application meet one of the following academic requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme in (Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. Development, Economics, Public Health, Management, Social Policy, International Relations, Political Affairs)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Communication: Ability to summarize a large amount of information and translate it into a compelling product for a public audience.
Software skills: Strong IT skills including full competency in MS Office/365.
Language skills: Fluency in English is required.
- UNDP interns receive payment of a monthly stipend based on the rate established by the duty station
- UNDP interns accrue leave at a rate of 1.5 days per month
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship
- Interns must provide proof of enrolment in a health insurance plan
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for education programmes
- Applicants should indicate which months they are available part- and/or full time and when they complete their studies (if still enrolled)
- Experience in multi-stakeholder co-ordination and facilitation is highly desirable
- Effective communication, networking and organizational skills and ability to work well in a team
HOW TO APPLY
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Apply now for the HomeChoice Contact Centre Learnership Programme! This Free 12-month programme will give you a formal qualification and experience to prepare for an exciting career.
The Communications and Advocacy’ unit at IJR seeks to employ a dynamic individual as the programme intern from February 2021- December 2021. The Communications and Advocacy programme’s objective is to engage all stakeholders in a relevant way that informs, advocates and sets the agenda for justice and reconciliation.
We are looking for a Research Intern to join the OneWorld team.
The intern will be expected to provide research and administrative support to existing project work as well as assisting with Business Development through tender tracking and contributing to the development of proposals and reports.
In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities.
Most popular opportunities today
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) invites unemployed graduate to apply for Heavy Vehicle Simulator Assistant Operator Internship Programme 2021.
The programme will facilitate on the job technical skills of interns.
As part of the project, Intern will undergo intensive training in Municipal Accounting and Financial Management.
Other people were also interested in:
Unemployed South African graduates /post graduates who are younger than 35 years of age are invited to apply for The Presidency Internship Programme. The Presidency is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity.
An opportunity exists for an unemployed Office Management and HR learner in support of HWSETA to participate in a learner project.
The project is aimed to provide the opportunity for an unemployed learner to gain work experience in line with the qualifications they are studying towards.
Do you have your matric, a diploma Traffic Safety and Municipal Police Management and your code 10 Drivers License? The Community and Social Services Department is hereby inviting suitably qualified and competent persons to participate in their 12 month Learnership Programme.