Graduate Opportunity In Monitoring and Evaluation of Energy Efficiency
The Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings and Infrastructure Programme (EEPBIP) aims to employ a South African graduate for the purpose of an internship.
The EEPBIP, funded by the NAMA Facility, supports the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) in scaling-up energy efficiency projects in public sector institutions.
The Job description below is for an intern to be employed to support SANEDI in their activities in the establishment of a Monitoring and Evaluation system for energy efficiency project identification for municipalities, provinces, national government and State-Owned Entities.
The position will in principle be based at the SANEDI offices in Sandton, Johannesburg; however, during COVID restrictions, this position will require remote working.
- A Undergraduate degree in an area related to: monitoring and evaluation, energy, engineering, data science or related subject.
- Candidates in the possession of, or in progress of completing a postgraduate degree will be favoured.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of energy related projects;
- Experience with project management;
- Experience working with public sector institutions;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written English);
- Excellent MS-office skills (outlook, power point, word, excel);
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
HOW TO APPLY
The intern will be be providing technical support in the development of a Monitoring and Evaluation System for public sector energy efficiency projects - their tasks will therefore comprise support to following activities, but not limited to:
• Support the establishment of data collection and analysis processes, and data integrity requirements, including the development and review of data templates;
• Data collection and formatting of primary data from energy efficiency projects;
• Support the establishment of operational processes for data transfer to other key departments (DEFF, DPME etc);
• Support in the finalisation of Terms of Reference for the procurement of a Monitoring and Evaluation System and support the appointed service provider in the development of the System;
• Preparation of briefing reports on Monitoring and Evaluation of public sector energy efficiency;
• Conducting and supporting research activities as and when required on technical projects and data support.
This Internship will be based at the SANEDI offices in Sandton, Johannesburg, but with remote working in place due to COVID restrictions;
• The internship period for this position is only six (06) Months.
Suitable candidates may apply by submitting a motivational letter and detailed CV indicating their nationality, to:
email@example.com with the following subject line “EEPBIP-SANEDI Internship Application”, for the attention of Head of Unit: Human candidates may apply by submitting a motivational letter and detailed CV indicating their nationality, for the attention of Head of Unit: Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 23 June 2021
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed! Applications without a motivational letter will not be considered!
Mintek’s Undergraduate and Postgraduate Bursary Programmes are one of the ways in which they ensure that the most talented, well trained and highly skilled technical people are able to study further. Many of their graduates join Mintek as employees, ensuring that Mintek’s operational, research and development needs are met.
Our 24-month Internship Programme offers graduates opportunities to enhance skills and gain meaningful workplace experience to complement their qualifications.
Calling all Recent Matriculants, who for whatsoever reason are currently unable to study full/part time at a University or Recognised Institution. This might the opportunity for you....
The Military Skills Development System is the main training programme for young people who want to join the SA military. The two year programme is an excellent opportunity to serve in uniform over a period of two years. It includes full training and support in the chosen occupation in one of the arms of the military. The SA Navy are recruiting for submariners and divers - then in a separate programme are recruiting Combat, Engineering, Technical and Support staff.
Most popular opportunities today
ICT skills are in short supply in South Africa and, as a SAQA recognised professional body in this industry, we need to ensure that talented, top-performing students are given the opportunity to access the sector. The IITPSA bursary will provide financial support to full time students enabling them to complete their education and pursue a career which will help to grow the IT industry and the South African economy.
News Portal Headlines
Other people were also interested in:
Dis-Chem Pharmacies require the services of a reputable Post Basic Qualify Pharmacist Assistant for their New Market store.