Apply for Bursary With SA Association of Botanists 2021
The South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships” to students each year.
The South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) was founded in order to promote and maintain the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and to perform functions which may attain the objectives of the profession.
Apply for Bursary With South African Association of Botanists
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Resident in one of the SADC countries (South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros)
- Studying towards a botanically related science qualification
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Studying at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BSc Honours degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
There will be 3 scholarships awarded for the 2021 academic year, to the value of R12 000 each, for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
The bursary will cover 1 year of academic study.
There will also be 1 scholarship awarded, to the value of R40 000 for MSc studies, for 2 years (R20 000 in the first year and R20 000 in the second year if academic performance is satisfactory).
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the SAAB Scholarship Cover Form.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed cover form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 referees)
- Motivational letter written by yourself with a description of your proposed Honours/ 4th year research interests
- Motivational letter (from your supervisor)
- Names and values of the other bursaries/ scholarships you have applied for
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: SAABsecretary@gmail.com
(Insert the words “SAAB Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Please ensure that your documents are in .pdf format
Successful applicants will be contacted by mid-March 2021 – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
NAACAM, supported by MerSETA, is offering bursaries to 15 University of Technology Students. All qualifying applicants must be 2nd or 3rd year students at a University of Technology, studying Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
This Vacancy is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg community
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Library and Information Services Directorate, Community Development Department has the following Internship opportunity available for a period NOT exceeding twelve (12) months.
RCL FOODS is offering a 12 month work integrated opportunity in Production and Operations: This opportunity will be based at Nelspruit Bakery.
Most popular opportunities today
Do you have the appropriate degree in Agriculture or Economics? The National Agricultural Marketing Council is now offering a graduate placement programme.