Mellon/SAR Academic Freedom Workshop & Fellowships
The Scholars at Risk (SAR) in partnership with the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation is inviting applications for a remote research workshop/ fellowship for early career researchers working on academic freedom issues.
The purpose of the fellowship is to support and encourage a global community of researchers in research, writing and/or teaching on academic freedom and/or related higher education values.
- An eight-month fellowship programme.
- Have a Masters or PhD degree received within the last 8 years;
- Be currently affiliated (research or teaching) with a higher education institution;
- Demonstrated interest in teaching, researching, or publishing on issues of academic freedom;
- Be committed to participate in 8-10 remote, online workshops and/or public webinars with co-recipients, SAR staff, network members, and guests.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should only be submitted online through the Mellon/SAR Academic Freedom Workshop and Fellowships website.
The following documents must be submitted with the application through the online application platform:
- Abstract of 500-1000 words detailing the research topic, its importance, and how it fits in long-term teaching, research, or advocacy goals;
- Proposed research plan/timeline for the eight-month programme (November 2021-June 2022);
- CV, including publication history and names of professional references.
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) invites all innovative and talented applicants to apply for its Information Technology Internship (Grow-IT) opportunity. The SARB actively contributes to addressing scarce and critical skills through this programme.
The Gauteng Provincial Government and the Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development in partnership with Tshepo 1 Million have exciting short-term work experience opportunities for over 1,400 young graduates in Gauteng.
Most popular articles today
If starting a motivational speaking career is something that you're seriously considering, there are some facts you should know. Trying to break into the motivational speaking field can be extremely difficult.
This years’ schools have inherited problems of previous years. The parliamentary committee will continue with its oversight visit to schools to assess the state of readiness of the basic education department as schools reopen for the 2022 academic year.