High School Scholarship Opportunities at Sanlam
Are you an ambitious, motivated and academically talented grade 7 scholar? If you have the potential, but you don’t see a path to participate in high-quality online schooling, this opportunity could be for you.
The Sanlam UCT Online High Scholarship programme is aimed at talented young people from historically disadvantaged families, who excel academically, but are unable to access high-quality education due to financial constraints.
Qualification & experience
- The applicant must be completing Grade 7 in 2021
- The applicant must not be older than 13 years of age and not younger than 12 years of age in grade 7
- The applicant must have obtained a minimum of 70% for Mathematics and 70% for English in their latest school report.
- Additionally, they must have obtained a minimum overall average of 70% in their latest school report.
- The applicant must be a South African citizen.
- The applicant must come from a historically disadvantaged South African family and be African, Coloured or Indian/Asian.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need and the inability to afford UCT Online High School tuition fees.
HOW TO APPLY
- Proof of household income - you will need to supply one of the following documents to verify your household income (from both guardians if relevant):
- Employment contract
- Payslip (from within three months of application)
- A letter from your employer that indicates what you earn
- An IRP5 SARS tax form
- Proof of SASSA grant or other income
- Letter of recommendation from a current school leader
- A video of the learner responding to interview questions
An internship with Shoprite will provide you with the perfect opportunity to gain broad learning experiences. So, if you’re interested in expanding your skills and experience while actively contributing in a dynamic environment, we’d love to meet you!
Most popular articles today
Online applications for boarding school admissions to Gauteng schools will open when learners return from their winter holidays. If you will be applying for admission to boarding schools, here's what you need to know.
A youth-led organisation prides itself in the achievements of one of its programmes that was introduced to primary school learners. Since its initial launch during the lockdown period, the lives of learners have improved.
Cyber security professionals do not have an easy job, which is one of the reasons why they are highly sought after by companies in all industries. As the importance of data security increases, companies find it increasingly difficult to protect their data.
When you hear about your friend’s fabulous job in tech, the perks and the pay, it all sounds pretty awesome. While it might feel like grass is always greener on the other side, making a career switch isn’t always what it’s cracked up to be.