Nlambe Municipality Finance Internship Program 2021
The programme will facilitate on the job technical skills of interns.
As part of the project, Intern will undergo intensive training in Municipal Accounting and Financial Management.
BUDGET AND TREASURY INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
2 x Accountant Intern (2 Year Fixed Contract)
Stipend – R4 833.33 per month for year one and R8 333.33 per month for year two subject to assessment.
The Accounting and Financial areas include inter alia:
- Revenue Collection and Debtors Administration
- Procurement and Payment of Creditors
- Cash Flow and Investment Management
- Risk Management and Short Term Insurance
- Bank Reconciliation and Financial Statements
- Budgeting and in year reporting
This position will suit candidates with the following profile:
- The candidate must be unemployed
- The candidate must not exceed the age of 35
- Belong to the previously disadvantaged group or background
- Must have an appropriate 3 years Degree or 3 years National Diploma in Accounting, Risk Management, Internal Auditing or Financial Management with Accounting II as a subject and Accounting III will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate with extensive knowledge of MS Office, Software Packages (MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak at least two languages spoken within the Council’s area of jurisdiction,
- Must be willing to undergo a performance assessment during the internship programme
- Applicants must come from the local area of jurisdiction (Ndlambe Area).
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your C.V, certified copies of qualifications, ID document, driver’s license and covering letter (including details of at least 3 contactable references) to the *Human Resource Unit*, Ndlambe Municipality, P.O. Box 13; Port Alfred, 6170 or hand deliver at 01 Causeway Road, Civic Centre, Port Alfred.
Please note no emailed or faxed applications will be considered.
A prospective candidate must declare any previous information that might compromise Ndlambe Municipality/candidate.
Employment Equity Plan will be complied with.
All applications who do not receive any response within 21 days of the advertisement, should know that their applications have not been successful.
The closing date is Friday, 29 January 2021.
There are five scholarships available to South African citizens, all of which are for international postgraduate study.
Most popular opportunities today
SANSA is providing post graduate degree bursaries to students hoping to contribute to science and engineering.
The Department of Sports, Arts & Culture is inviting students to apply for a bursaries. The bursaries will be awarded to qualifying students who want to pursue their studies in heritage related programmes.
Other people were also interested in:
Armscor, the Armaments Corporation of South Africa, in partnership with the defence industry, is offering bursaries to exceptional learners through the Armscor Bursary Scheme.
The bursaries will be awarded to learners from previously disadvantaged backgrounds who intend to study full time in the engineering and science fields of study.