Researcher Internship Opportunity At Impact Economix
The internship programme is offered over a six-month period. We are now recruiting for the period 1 July – 30 December 2021.
This position would suit a flexible and articulate candidate that works well in a team, is target driven, ambitious and hard working. Candidates must be able to reside and work legally in South Africa.
Interns are expected to work 3-4 days a week (the detailed weekly schedule is flexible and will be negotiated with the successful candidate).
The successful intern will be paid a monthly stipend for the period of the internship. The stipend amount will depend on your relevant experience, level of qualification, and number of days per week that you are available to work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or Masters degree (in Economics or Monitoring and Evaluation);
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills;
- Good understanding of descriptive statistics and qualitative research methods (experience in conducting literature reviews and developing theories of change an advantage);
- Microsoft Office, Internet and email computer skills (SPSS and Atlas_ti skills a plus);
- Knowledge of and ability to develop indicators and design monitoring and evaluation data collection instruments (interview schedules, questionnaires etc.);
- Knowledge of the use of graphic presentation including computerized graphics;
- Experience with research design, data collection techniques incl. surveys, data analysis and report writing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong report writing skills and analytical approach;
- Motivated and self-driven;
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and ensure efficient time and self-management;
- Fluency in English (additional South African languages such as Xhosa, Zulu etc. will be an advantage);
- High energy level;
- Ideally located in the Western Cape or Gauteng (although applicants from other Provinces will also be considered).
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send us your CV, together with your letter of motivation, an example of a recent report that you have written, certified academic results for both undergraduate and post-graduate (if relevant) degrees, and three contactable references.
Most popular opportunities today
Bosch supports Y.E.S, the initiative which recognises a critical role played by the youth in shaping our economy and our country. This is why, we at Bosch seek out ground-breaking ways through innovation and technological best practice to create training opportunities for South Africa’s youth.
Are you RESILIENT and a TEAM PLAYER who is passionate about education and making an IMPACT?
Do you enjoy finding SOLUTIONS and INITIATING fresh ideas, while getting vast exposure?
News Portal Headlines
Other people were also interested in:
Do you want to work and obtain a qualification at the same time? Are you passionate about healthcare and delivering superior patient care? Clicks has an exciting opportunity available to complete a Learnership Programme to qualify as a Pharmacist Assistant.
Toyota invites graduates to share in a journey aimed at producing future leaders through its exciting Graduate Programme. Share in a journey aimed at crafting future leaders through our exciting Graduate Programme based in Durban and Johannesburg.