IITPSA Bursary Programme 2022
ICT skills are in short supply in South Africa and, as a SAQA recognised professional body in this industry, we need to ensure that talented, top-performing students are given the opportunity to access the sector. The IITPSA bursary will provide financial support to full time students enabling them to complete their education and pursue a career which will help to grow the IT industry and the South African economy.
The Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa is now inviting applicants to apply for their Bursary Programme for 2022.
The bursary will be granted for a three-year degree in any of the following:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Computer Science / Information Systems / Applied Computing
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Information Systems / Informatics.
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations.
- Applicants must be registered for full-time undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements in the fields of commerce, science, engineering, mathematics and technology at a registered public university.
- Applicants will be required to participate in a formal assessment process including but not limited to Psychometric evaluation and an interview.
- Financial need is considered in applications.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
The bursary includes the following:
- Full tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees
- University administered accommodation.
This is an ideal opportunity for a learner to access a generous bursary available for study from year one. The bursary will be awarded for one academic year at a time. Renewal for the second / third academic year will be dependent on satisfactory academic performance in the previous year of study and will not cover repeat subjects / modules.
Preference will be given to students that have participated and excelled in The Computer Programming Olympiad, which is a project of IITPSA, is one of the oldest and largest competitions of its kind in the world and has been running since 1984.
The Olympiad is aimed at the following:
- Identifying, encouraging and rewarding programming aptitude.
- Promoting and encouraging computer studies.
- Creating an awareness of career opportunities in ICT.
The competition attracts a lot of talent but, unfortunately, very few female candidates enter the competition. As an incentive to encourage more female candidates to participate in the competition, IITPSA will give preference to the female candidate that places highest in the Top 3 rounds and who intends to pursue ICT-related studies at a recognised South African tertiary institution.
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s WhatsApp platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- Please carefully read the instructions on the StudyTrust Bursary Applications page before beginning your application.
Do you have a passion for cars? Are you looking for an opportunity to put your mechanical knowledge and skills to work?
This is your opportunity to be part of the leading software house in the online gaming world. If you are due to graduate from any of the below degree's / honours, and are not looking to continue your studies in 2022 then apply today!
The Department would like to invite qualifying graduates to apply to participate in an Internship Programme.
Most popular opportunities today
Interns will be given the opportunity to gain valuable work experience whilst being an active member of the AlcoNCP’s Production Team in a newly commissioned state of the art plant.
What is the JumpStart Retail Frontline Programme? The programme upskills unemployed matriculants to become workplace ready for starter and entry level retail positions in stores, distribution centres and financial services.
Other people were also interested in:
We're on the lookout for energetic, self-motivated individuals who share our passion for service in the banking industry. To be part of the journey, follow the steps below.