Fulbright International Grants For University Graduates
Fulbright provides Grants for South African university graduates to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral degree at a United States university in any subject. Grants are awarded for two years towards one degree.
South African graduates are invited to apply for the Fulbright scholarship to study
The South African Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides grants for South African university graduates to pursue post-graduate studies at a United States university in any subject (excludes MBA and studies that require contact with patients).
The following opportunities are available:
South African PhD students enrolled with a South African University may apply to conduct one year’s research at a U.S. University as a Visiting Student Researcher.
Post-graduate students may apply for scholarships towards Master’s or Doctorate degrees. Scholarships are awarded for two years towards one degree – Master’s or Doctorate (renewable each year).
Students are selected through a rigorous application and interview process and receive a high level of support ranging from visa processing and health insurance to a comprehensive pre-departure orientation and re-entry session.
- Be a South African citizen OR a permanent resident with a minimum of 5 years of permanent residency status in South Africa (Please note: S.A. nationals with dual citizenship from the U.S. are not eligible for the program)
- For Non-Degree (Visiting Student Researcher) studies: Must be registered for a PhD with a South African university
- Have a four-year bachelor’s degree, or a three-year bachelor’s degree plus honors year, or a four-year B-Tech degree when applying for Master’s
- Have a Master’s degree when applying for a Doctoral degree
- What do we look for in our applicants?
- Academic excellence
- Required scores for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for each specific field of study
- Clearly written study objectives
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills with evidence of cultural sensitivity and a genuine desire to learn more about the United States and share with American citizens aspects of South African culture
- Experience and interest in extracurricular and community activities
- Evidence of leadership potential
- A desire to further the Fulbright Program and give back to your home country upon returning
- The Selection Committee and the Interview Panel will also be looking for clear reasons for selecting your U.S. university preferences. The Fulbright Program expects candidates to conduct a thorough university search and to identify institutions which are a strong fit for their academic, personal and professional goals.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you dedicated to world development and want to gain practical experience to complement your studies? The Africa FSH is looking for an Intern to provide economic support to the private sector development and engagement team of the Hub.
If you reside in the JTG District we have a great opportunity for you to join our extraordinary team at Sishen Mine and discover all about surface mining and mobile equipment in a six-month’s Mining Learnership enrichment programme.
Anglo American have a great opportunity for you to join our extraordinary team. The internship Programme provides practical Work Learning and experience to individuals. The programme will run for a period of 24 months.
Most popular opportunities today
Jones & Wagener is pleased to offer a limited number of bursaries for South African BEng / BSc Civil Engineering, Geology, Geochemistry and Environmental students studying at South African Universities.
If you are a new graduate or are in your final year of study, we are looking for you!