CSIR Doctoral Studentship
The CSIR has a Doctoral Studentship opportunity in the Emerging Digital Technologies for Fourth Industrial Revolution (EDT4IR) Research Centre, within the Next Generation Enterprises and Institutions Cluster.
Doctoral Studentship: Internet of Things (IoT)
The Doctoral student needs to conduct original research in Materials Physics and Micro and Nano systems for Internet of Things technologies. This opportunity is based in Pretoria.
- A Master’s degree in physics, electronic physics, materials or electronic engineering;
- Good knowledge and experience in both computational and experimental physics;
- Adequate knowledge of semiconductor and device physics;
- Expertise in hands-on running of materials characterisation, either electron microscopy (SEM, TEM), X-ray instruments (XRD, XRF), or optical instruments (UV-Vis, FTIR, PL etcetera.);
- Knowledge of any Computer Aided Design (CAD) software is desirable;
- Experience in the use of semiconductor fabrication instruments (e-beam or photo lithography, for example) will be advantageous;
- The ability to generate research questions and hypotheses: Review, critique and synthesize a body of research, identify significant gaps in knowledge, identify appropriate methods, and study subjects to develop research questions and testable hypotheses;
- Effectively communicate issues, research findings, and implications of research verbally and in writing to appropriate professional and public audiences;
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who takes ownership, initiative, and with a willingness to learn;
- The ability to work well under pressure both as part of a team and independently;
- Good programming skills in related software, preferably Python/C++/MATLAB;
- Good knowledge of Smart Grid systems and other enabling technologies, particularly Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence;
- A good peer-reviewed publication record will be advantageous.
How To Apply
Applicants must attach the following documents:
- An abstract of research statement/philosophy (maximum two pages) that highlights the problem statement, research questions, research objectives and expected outputs/outcomes/impact of the research;
- Certified copies of the applicant’s latest academic results or transcript;
- Certified copies of tertiary qualifications;
- Curriculum vitae;
- If applicable, proof of registration from the university or a confirmation letter from the university supervisor that she/he is willing to be involved in the candidate supervision.
This Vacancy is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg community An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of an academic qualification to obtain experiential training.
Capitec Bank has an opening for a graduate seeking a workplace opportunity. Capitec, South Africa’s fastest growing retail bank, wants exceptional people to join our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) spanning 2 regions: Western Cape and Gauteng.
Most popular opportunities today
Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd is an independent magazine and digital publishing company responsible for some of the best performing titles.
Other people were also interested in:
Dis-Chem Pharmacies require the services of a reputable Post Basic Qualify Pharmacist Assistant for their New Market store.