2024 applications for returning students are now open at Flavius Mareka TVET College. This application period will close on 30 November.
Applications must be done online. Along with this, a selection and placement form needs to be completed and submitted between 6 and 30 November.
After applying for a Flavius Mareka TVET College course and being selected, registrations will then take place from 8 January until 12 January 2024. This will take place at the campus you'll be studying at.
How To Apply
- Visit the official Flavius Mareka TVET College website
- Click on the "select a course" option.
- Once you've selected your desired course, follow the onscreen instructions provided on the application portal. Complete all the required fields accurately.
- Upload required documents. These typically include your ID, highest school results, proof of address, and the ID document of your parent or next of kin.
- After submitting your application, the College selection committee will review it thoroughly. Be patient during this stage, as the committee assesses all applications to ensure a fair and comprehensive selection process.
- Check your emails regularly, this is crucial after submitting your application.
- If you receive a provisional acceptance, you will typically have 48 hours to accept the offer. To do this, access the provided link in the email, click on "view detail," and then select "accept and submit."
- Upon accepting the offer, you will notice that your status changes to "pre-enrolled." At this stage, you should contact the college to schedule a time slot for the competency and placement test.
- After successfully completing the competency and placement test, you will proceed to register as an official student of Flavius Mareka TVET College. Follow the registration instructions provided by the college to finalize your enrollment and secure your place in the chosen course.
As for results from the Department of Higher Education, they will be released in January 2024.
Flavius Mareka TVET College is one of the country's renowned public colleges with three campuses offering a range of full-time and part-time programs.
In addition to its campuses in Sasolburg, Kroonstad, and Mphohadi, the college extends its educational reach to various communities in the Free State province through learnership and skills programs.
Will NSFAS Pay For Flavius Mareka TVET College Courses?
NSFAS does pay for courses offered at Flavius Mareka TVET College. However, it depends on whether you meet the eligibility criteria.
Before applying for funding, ensure you meet the basic eligibility criteria set by NSFAS. This includes citizenship, financial need, and academic performance.