Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) Bursary
The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) has called on young South Africans, who want to pursue careers that are in line with water and sanitation core business, to apply for the department’s bursary programme for 2023 academic year.
The department provides bursaries annually, through its Learning Academy, to stem the shortage of skills in the water and sanitation sector.
The external bursary scheme aims to attract exceptional young and innovative talent to the department.
The bursary programme application opens on 1 June 2022 until 31 October 2022.
The comprehensive bursary programme covers full tuition fees, accommodation and food, as per university guidance, books and stationery allowance and a monthly stipend.
Bursaries will be allocated based on a balanced consideration of outstanding academic performance, financial need and the relevant skills set for the water and sanitation sector.
For 2023, the department will consider applications only for first and second year of study in the following qualifications:
- BSc/BEng in Civil; Mechanical and Electrical
- BSc (Hons) in Civil; Mechanical and Electrical
- BSc in Hydrology; Geohydrology; Environmental Management; Project Management, Environmental Sciences, Environmental and Water Sciences
- BSc (Hons) in Hydrology; Geohydrology; Environmental Management; Project Management, Environmental Sciences, Environmental and Water Sciences
- National Diploma/BEng Tech in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering; Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current); National Diploma in Water Care and Environmental Management and Biochemistry
Bursaries will be allocated on the basis of a balanced consideration of the following factors:
Race and gender
Need of DWS in reference of the specific qualifications
Conditions of Bursary
DWS will require bursars who obtain their qualifications to join Water Learning Academy on a fixed term contract for a period of maximum of three (3) years.
Full tertiary registration and tuition costs
Residence and meal fees
An annual personal allowance
How to Apply
Application form attached below.
The bursary application forms can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org