Bursary Opportunity At Silulumanzi
Silulumanzi is a private water service provider within a contractually defined area within the City of Mbombela Local Municipality (CoMLM).
Silulumanzi invites students/undergraduates who are interested in joining the Water Industry to apply for our External Bursary Scheme in the study fields mentioned below:
- BSc Electrical Engineering (heavy/light current)
- ND Environmental Science
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- ND Water Care
- BSc Civil Engineering
- Fitting including Machinery
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Information Technology
- Fitter and Turner
- BSc Quantity Survey
- Instrumentation Mechanical
- BSc Biology
In making a final selection, first preference will be given to:
- Previously disadvantaged individuals
- People with disabilities and females
- South African Citizen within the contractual concession areas (Mbombela city previously known as Nelspruit), KaNyamazane, Tekwane, Matsulu, KaMagugu, Msogwaba, Daantjie, Zwelisha, Mpakeni, Luphisi and Mattafin) Silulumanzi is trading in.
- Bursaries criteria will be strictly on academic merit with matric exemption in Mathematics, Science at Level 6; written proof of acceptance for admission to a South African accredited tertiary institution (University/University of Technology/FET College).
How to Apply
Silulumanzi offers talented, young individuals the opportunity to further study via their bursary scheme.
This is for full-time studies towards a qualification within the specific field.
Candidates who receive these bursaries will have the following covered by Silulumanzi:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fees
- Prescribed books and/or study material (The above is limited to a specific amount per academic year as per estimated costs of study)
The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
Candidates, who receive bursaries from the Silulumanzi, will be required to join the organisation’s Water Learning Academy, upon completion of their qualification.
This will be on a fixed term basis and if the candidate decides that they no longer want to be part of this program after completion of their studies, they will be held responsible for payment of all bursary funding, plus interests back to the organisation.
Bursary application forms are available from:
• Silulumanzi Customer Care Offices in KaNyamazane, Matsulu and Mbombela City (Nelspruit).
Completed application forms can be posted to:
The Bursary Department Human Resources P O BOX 12753 Mbombela City 1200 Or Hand delivered to:
• Any Silulumanzi Customer Care Offices in KaNyamazane, Matsulu and Mbombela City (Nelspruit).
Closing date for submission of applications: 30 November 2021
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.