The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession. Are you wanting to know if you should reapply every year? Here's the answer to your question.
The bursary programme is designed to boost recruitment into teaching, especially in priority subject areas.
This bursary is awarded for one academic year at a time and if you can show proof of academic success the bursary may be renewed each year until the recipient of the bursary has qualified as a teacher.
So that means that yes, you will need to apply for the renewal of the bursary every year.
Here's how to re-apply to the Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme
- Open the e-Gov portal here.
- Register by providing personal information if you haven't registered yet
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2021 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
The Funza Lushaka bursary covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation including meals
- Books and learning materials
- A possible small allowance for monthly living expenses
The allocation of funds to any individual student is capped at a specific value. Where the Higher Education Institution charges more than the capped value the bursars will have to top up from their own funds. The cost structures at universities are different so the total value of the bursary will differ from institution to institution.
Bursaries are available to enable selected students to complete a teaching qualification in identified areas of priority. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.