Does NSFAS Fund CPUT Students?

If you are a CPUT student and require funding for studies, we might have the answers you. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme might be able to help you.



The National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) provides funding for poor students who can't afford to fund their own tertiary education. 

There are 26 public universities across South Africa, Cape Peninsula University Technology (CPUT) being one of them. If you are wondering whether NSFAS fund CPUT.

The answer is, yes they do. 

However to be funded by NSFAS there are certain requirements that need to be met.

The requirements to be covered by NSFAS are:

  • Household income must come to under R350 000 per year
  • If you're a person with a disability, household income must be under R600 000 per year
  • SASSA beneficiaries immediately qualify
  • Must be accepted or applying to a Public University
  • Must be a South African citizen

NSFAS funded students don't only have their tuition covered but, they also receive a number of different allowance.

The allowances are:

  • Accommodation allowance
  • Transport allowance
  • Living allowance
  • Learning material allowance
  • Incidental/personal care allowance

NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act.

Visit the NSFAS website or CPUT's NSFAS page for more information.

Article Category

Other Articles

Second Semester applications are now open at Orbit TVET College. Orbit TVET College wants to provide high-quality education and training that is affordable and relevant.

There are a variety of public tertiary institutions in South Africa that offer the opportunity for students to pursue a degree in Psychology. Studying a degree in Psychology will differ depending on various tertiary institutions and the type of Psychology specialisation that a student would like to pursue.

Those employed in Human Resources are involved in the process of employing people and then training them. If you're looking to build a career in HR, here are 5 places where you can study.

The Independent Examinations Board (IEB) has stipulated requirements detailing what students need to achieve academically in order to attain a Bachelor's Pass. 

NSFAS provides bursaries to poor and working class students and this includes those that wish to attend or are attending a TVET College. Keep reading to find out which NSFAS allowances TVET students get.