Can Foreign Students Apply For NSFAS?
Are you wondering if NSFAS funds foreign students? Keep on reading to find out who qualifies for their bursary.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training, which provides financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
The following are eligible for the bursary:
- All South African citizens.
- All SASSA grant recipients.
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum.
- A person with a disability and the combined household income of no more than R600 000 per annum.
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
The following do not qualify for funding:
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
NSFAS covers accommodation, transport, living allowances, book allowances, and personal/incident care allowance.
NSFAS is a financial aid scheme that provides financial assistance in the form of bursaries to eligible students to study at tertiary education institutions. They also provide students with allowances and here is how long students receive them.
Ikusasa Student Financial Aid Programme (ISFAP) is a bursary for students who require financial support to study at a tertiary institution. Which you may think sounds similar to NSFAS, well keep on reading to find out if ISFAP replaces NSFAS.
Most popular articles today
Parents and learners have been gathering outside Sinenjongo High school in Joe Slovo park in the hope of finding placement at the school. They are among more than 8,600 learners still to be placed at schools in the Western Cape.
By Peter Luhanga
Unisa is an open distance learning university which allows students to pursue their studies by using online resources and study materials provided by Unisa themself. If you are wondering what the time limits are to complete courses at Unisa then keep reading.
Thinking of becoming a boilermaker? Here's what you need to know. Boilermakers are specialised artisans who mark off and fabricate structural steel and other metal stock to make or repair metal products and structures including boilers and pressure vessels.
Other people were also interested in:
Matric certificates is your ticket to a university education – here’s why. Once a learner has received their matric certificate a door of endless opportunities opens up.
At the Academic Institute of Excellence; we believe in a future of possibilities, a future filled with excellence made possible by the next generation of visionaries and leaders. APPLY NOW, Don't miss out. Be sure to register in time! AIE, where futures are made!
Early Childhood Development Centres have also been greatly affected by the pandemic, especially when it comes to having the funds to keep them running. Now, they are struggling with applying for relief through Government.