There are many benefits of doing an apprenticeship, let's take a look at a few and dive into some of the myths surrounding them:
- Often people think all apprentices do is make cups of tea and tidy up but there's so much more to apprenticeships than that. An apprenticeship gives you a chance to earn while you learn, combining practical training on the job with study.
- You work alongside experienced staff and become part of the team, learn job-specific skills, earn a wage and get holiday pay. You can also study towards a relating degree or qualification and often apprentices only go into campus once a week and work the rest of the time.
- People are so worried that an apprenticeship isn't available in their chosen career or that there aren't many vacancies available. While competition can be strong at any one time there are hundreds of apprenticeships available to apply for online at different companies in different roles - check out
- Some people think apprenticeships are only in traditional jobs like construction or hairdressing but you can be an apprentice in anything from aerospace, engineering, fitness instruction, the possibilities are endless.
- No matter what you want to do, an apprenticeship can help you get there. Sometimes people think they're too young or too old for an apprenticeship but whether you're 18 or
40 you're welcome to apply.
Apprenticeships provide a real ladder of opportunity and information.
You may also like >> Apprenticeships 101: What Is An Apprenticeship?