North West University NWU
The NWU offers more than just an education: we offer people a place in the world. Academically, students benefit from great choice and flexibility, enabling them to fulfil their potential and start preparing for their careers.
It all starts here with:
- Internationally recognised qualifications that challenge you intellectually.
- The best student life in the country!
- Professional degree that equips you to be innovative in the workplace.
- A multilingual language policy aimed at inclusivity.
- Secure campuses with world-class facilities.
- National and international cultural and sporting achievements.
- A life experience, bigger than yourself, that equips you to make a difference.
- With both contact and distance learning offerings you have the opportunity to not only equip yourself with knowledge and skills, but also the necessary life experience that will fulfil you on all levels.
NWU annual Open Days are also not to be missed, or visit any of our campuses for a campus tour and information session, or our virtual tour in the comfort of your own home.
If you are still wondering what to study, you can make use of their FREE measuring instrument that identifies possible career interests. This Interest-Index can help you identify possible subjects, tertiary education, and careers.
Undergraduate students can study courses at one of the 8 faculties at the university
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- NWU Business School
North-West University is made up of three campuses.
- Mahikeng Campus
- Potchefstroom Campus
- Vanderbijlpark Campus
APPLY TO NWU
At the NWU, we put you ahead of the curve with career-orientated degrees and guidance from our expert lecturers. Review the instructions on the NWU website to see when the application dates are for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. NWU applications usually open on 1 April, with closing dates 31 July for selection courses and residences, and 31 August for non-selection courses for undergraduate studies.
Post-graduate studies are all about deepening your knowledge in your subject field and mastering the research process.
It’s important to note that the requirements and stipulations of Honours degrees and Postgraduate offerings differ from faculty to faculty. Find out more about the options (if any) at the faculty.
Distance Learning creates an opportunity for students to obtain a qualification to accelerate their career and improve their effectiveness and efficiency in the workplace.
Barriers caused by time, geographical limitations, age factors and pace of learning are eliminated by our support services and dedication towards our students.
A variety of programmes are available, simply click here to find out more about our undergraduate and post-graduate options.
Annually, more or less at the beginning of February, it is Registration time for students. View the NWU website for the latest information on the NWU fees.
There is also a world of possibilities regarding bursary opportunities – have a look here.
For more information about registration, you can read more about it here.
North-West University – it all starts here!
Type of education institutionUniversities - Education Faculty - Engineering & the Built Environment Faculty - Health Sciences Faculty - Science Faculty - Commerce Faculty - Law Faculty - Humanities Faculty - Theology and Religion Faculty :
After completing your matric certificate exams, you are faced with a multitude of post-matric options that can shape your future paths.
These options range from pursuing higher education at universities or colleges, entering vocational training programs, joining the workforce, or even considering entrepreneurial ventures, each offering unique opportunities for personal and professional growth.
You've probably been contemplating the next chapter of your life all throughout the year asking yourself, 'what am I going to study after I finish completing my matric certificate exams?', 'am I going to study? What else can I do when I pass'? Well, we can help.
The climate crisis is everyone’s problem, but there’s only so much that the people on the ground can do. A huge chunk of change can come from those higher up, but capitalism has tricked us into blaming low-income individuals instead.
- Study At Trinity College Dublin: Ireland’s Highest Ranking University
- You Can Study MBA At Cambridge University Judge Business School
- Study In Scotland At The University of Stirling
- All You Need To know About The University of Suffolk MBA Programme
- Become A Part Of The University Of Reading's Global Student Body