The University of Limpopo is a result of the merger between the University of the North (1959) and the Medical University of South Africa (MEDUNSA: 1976).
These previous institutions form the Turfloop and MEDUNSA campuses of the University, respectively. Situated north-west of Pretoria, the university nestles in the foothills of the Hwiti (Wolkberg range), and was home to almost 6 000 students on the MEDUNSA campus in 2008.
The united University of Limpopo’s mission is to become “A world-class African university, which responds to education, research and community needs of our society through partnerships and knowledge generation, continuing the tradition of empowerment.”
For more information, visit the University of Limpopo.