15 September 2016
Red and Yellow is proud to introduce a new Web Development and Programming programme and we need you! If you have a proven aptitude in web development with the foundation required to advance and ...
05 September 2016
Eskom is offering x37 Artisan Learnership opportunities at Kriel Power Station, coal-fired power plant operated by Eskom in Mpumalanga and Limpopo respectively.
02 September 2016
The PathCare Academy invites responsible and respectful individuals who possess a well developed work ethic and who are responsive to customer needs to apply for the Academy training programmes ...
31 August 2016
Discovery is offering the opportunity of a lifetime for 10 South Africa's brightest young people to join their Contact Centre Learnership. CANDIDATES FOR THE GAUTENG REGION ONLY
Are you a student entrepreneur looking to break into the big time? Then you should enter the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEAs) and pit your business wits against other young up and coming tycoons.
The GSEAs are being brought to South Africa student entrepreneurs in association with Student Village. Filling in a entry form will put you in line to win some great prizes, extend your network and expose you to ideas and input from your peers around the world.
Says Student Village CEO Ronen Aires: “Student Village is a great example of how entrepreneurs can start small and build big futures. This awards programme can be a real tool in helping you as a student entrepreneur get ahead too. It will help you formulate your business plans, fine-tune your strategies, and build an extended network for you of other entrepreneurs. I’d strongly encourage all students that own and run businesses to get their entries in.”
You’ll need to hurry, though, as entries for South African student entrepreneurs close on 15 October 2009.
What are the GSEAs?
The GSEA programme is the premier award for undergraduate students that own and run businesses while attending college or university.
Nominees compete against their peers, other student entrepreneurs from around the world. Since its founding in 1998, the GSEA programme has celebrated the success of hundreds of student entrepreneurs.
The GSEA programme is an Entrepreneurs’ Organisation programme, in partnership with Mercedes-Benz Financial.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
The criteria are:
• The student must be an undergraduate student at a recognized University or College for the 2008/2009 academic year
• The student must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of their company and principally responsible for its operation • The student's company must have been in business for at least the last six consecutive months
• The student must have not been the GSEA winner in the past and/or was not one of the seven finalists for the 2008 GSEA Global Finals competition
Note: If you have recently graduated and/or are about to graduate and have taken courses during 2009, before the application deadline, you are still eligible for GSEA.
What are the benefits of competing in the GSEAs?
Competing in the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards brings you unlimited value!
• The competition! Improving your “pitch” skills, getting better at communicating the value proposition of your business, and being able to answer the tough questions about your business are all part of GSEA.
• Fun! Connecting with your peers - other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as EO members and high level networking at the GSEA Global Finals!
• Exposure! Local and national media attention for you and your business!
• Did we mention prizes? $10,000 cash prize, plus tens of thousands in business products and services
• donated by EO members including web services, printing, PR, consulting and more. Over $150k in total!
How is a student nominated for the GSEA programme?
Nominating a student (or nominating yourself!) is easy!
• Visit GSEA, click the 'Nominate' button and complete the online nomination form.
• After we have received the nomination, we will contact the student entrepreneur nominated, to complete a more detailed application.
• A student entrepreneur is considered fully nominated once we have received the completed online application.