South Cape TVET College also referred to as SCC was established in 2000 and is situated across the famous Garden Route, the Little and Central Karoo. The SCC is the largest of the six TVET Colleges in the Western Cape with a catchment area of 80 822 km².
The SCC has 6 campuses across the Garden Route, Klein Karroo District and Central Karoo District which are are the Beaufort West Campus, Bitou Campus in Plettenberg Bay, George Campus, Hessequa Campus in Riversdale, Mossel Bay Campus and the Oudtshoorn Campus.
The 6 campuses house the following programmes:
- NCV Programmes
- Report 191 (N4-N6) Business Studies
- Report 191 (N1-N3) Engineering Studies
- Occupational Programmes
The National Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) provides funding to deserving students who come from poor or working-class backgrounds that's want to study at a University or TVET college that is recognized by NSFAS.
South Cape TVET College is a NSFAS funding-recognized institution, which means that their students are eligible for NSFAS funding.
What is Needed to Apply For NSFAS At South Cape TVET College
- You have your own phone number and email address;
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate;
- ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse;
- Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5 (if applicable);
- Your parents, guardian, or spouse’s proof of income;
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required;
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form;
- An applicant who is recognised as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.