The University of South Africa (Unisa), the country's largest open distance e-learning university has opened its applications for the 2023 academic year.
Applications for Postgraduate qualifications such as Masters and Doctoral qualifications will run from 1 September 2022 to 14 November 2022.
Unisa offers many certificates, degrees and diplomas at the bachelor, master and doctoral levels. Students may study for as long they wish and do so within their own time frame.
- Accounting Sciences
- Agriculture & Environmental Sciences
- Economic & Management Sciences
- Human Sciences
- Science, Engineering & Technology
- Graduate Studies
- Graduate School of Business Leadership
For more information on the qualifications Unisa offers, click here.
How To Apply
All applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period.
What You'll Need
- A valid email address
- A valid cellphone number
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Application fee of R120 which should be paid once you receive your student number
Students may only apply for one qualification at the master's and doctoral level, so they must ensure that they meet the minimum admission requirements for their qualification of choice.
For more information on how to apply to Unisa, click here.
All queries and concerns regarding master's and doctoral applications should be submitted online by sending an email to [email protected].
The verification of applications takes some time. You may only receive feedback from Unisa six to eight weeks after the closing date for applications.
Unisa offers a combination of career-orientated courses which are usually associated with a university of technology, combined with general formative academic programmes typically linked to a traditional university.