The University of South Africa (Unisa) is an open-distance e-learning university, which provides students with a flexible study schedule.
The public institution has an official online student portal that provides students with services that are vital to them throughout the academic year.
Following a recent incident where students were facing challenges logging onto the myUnisa portal, the university necessitated a new login method for myUnisa or myModules.
We are aware of the challenge logging into myUnisa or myModules. You do not need to change your password when you receive the "Invalid credentials" error message.
Unisa announced that the new login changes for myModules will be implemented as of midnight 8th September 2023. The new login in method would now see students accessing their myUnisa portal using their Microsoft 365 verification.
Before logging on students are urged to refresh their previously stored favourites or cached pages before accessing myUnisa.
If any other myUnisa screen displays (old page), please clear your internet browser cache.
Here’s How To Clear Your Cache
When facing issues with login on myModule, the problem may be caused by the browser cache.
To clear the cache on your browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Opera), do the following:
- Have your browser open.
- Press the CTRL-Shift-Delete (Windows), Command-Shift-Delete (Mac)
- Use the check boxes to select the items to clear from the list. The following is recommended: − Browsing History − Cookies and other site and plugin data − Cached images and files
- Click on Clear Browsing Data.
Complete Guide On Logging Into Unisa myModules
- To access myModules visit https://my.unisa.ac.za
- To sign in, click on "Unisa Staff/Marker email address, or Student myLife e-mail address".
- Enter your full myLife e-mail address and click “Next”
- Enter your Unisa password and click on “Sign In”.
- Next you will be presented with verification steps either via the MS Authenticator App or One-Time-Pin via Cellphone.
- When presented with the screen below click on “Text’ or “Call”. You will get an OTP code on your registered phone number.
- Enter the OTP code in the Microsoft login window and click “Verify”.
- Next, the myModules landing page should display.
What is the myUnisa student portal used for?
Each student may make use of the portal to access their module resources, view study materials, submit assignments, interact with other students, and with your e-tutor or group.
You need to stay up to date with your teaching and learning curriculum to know when you have to submit assignments or take tests.
The MyUnisa portal connects to the university learning system so you can manage all your course work, research, etc on the site. There is also a web-based email so you can have an account just for your university studies.
Contact Student Services For Any myUnisa Enquiries
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Telephone: 012 429 3111