Tuesday, 30 October 2012
Paarl Media offers cost-effective solutions for newspapers, retail inserts and commercial material with unparalleled turnaround times throughout the country by focusing on the implementation of world class printing technology. Now Paarl Media Gauteng is offering an apprenticeship at its printing plant in Johannesburg.
Job Title: Apprentice
Company: Paarl Media Gauteng
Location - Town / City: Johannesburg
Location - Province: Gauteng
Type of Contract: Temporary
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- The successful applicants will be contracted as apprentices through FP&M SETA;
- They will enter into a fixed term training contract with the employer and the relevant SETA for the duration of training;
- Completion 6 months theoretical training at the Academy;
- 18 months in one of the national Paarl Media plants for core experiential component of the training; and
- The apprentice will earn an income for the duration of the apprenticeship program.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics Literacy or an equivalent qualification; and
- Successful completion of the Farnsworth Munsell colour test.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good communication skills in English;
- Willingness to work shifts;
- An eye for detail - especially exceptional colour perception; and
- Technical foundation would be of great benefit to the incumbent.
Paarl Media is committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
To apply online, click here.
Closing date: 18 December 2012.