- Created on Wednesday, 19 September 2012 07:26
- Hits: 3368
Discovery is offering ten of South Africa's brightest young people to join its Wealth Management NQF Level 5 Learnership.
Tracking Number: LS/31082012
Job Title: Wealth Management Learner
Business Unit: Discovery
Job Type Classification: Learnership
Recruitment Specialist: Candice Kress
The Learnership programme consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience which totals to 1 500 learning hours. The qualification is Unit Standard Based and the programme is registered with the Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (InSeta) and will be accredited by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
This learnerships core focus will be on the administration of individual and group insurance and investments underwriting.
Guidelines for applying to the learnership:
- Please ensure that you apply for only 1 of the 5 Learnerships advertised and that you meet the minimum criteria in order to be eligible for the Learnership;
- Please also have your Matric subjects and symbols on hand as you need to input this information on your application and details of incomplete qualification;
- You must have a valid SA ID.
- Communication – communicates clearly and professionally to clients;
- Resilience & drive – pursues goals despite obstacles;
- Interpersonal skills – relates well to diverse people;
- Detail orientation – accurately captures or communicates information;
- Desire and potential to learn;
- Self motivated;
- Numerical and financial orientation;
- Analytical orientation; and
- Basic computer skills.
Qualifications & Experience
- Be South African Citizens;
- Hold a valid & recognised Matric with Maths (Minimum D Symbol on Higher Grade & English (Minimum D Symbol on Standard Grade) Maths Literacy 60% or higher; & 2nd language (Minimum D Symbol);
- Be between the ages of 20 and 30 years;
- Have effective communication skills in the English language;
- Possess basic computer skills;
- Have an interest in Insurance in a financial services environment; and
- Have an incomplete tertiary medical qualification( an advantage).
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and suitable internal candidates in line with Discovery’s policies.
To apply online, click here.