- Created on Monday, 17 September 2012 07:57
- Hits: 4133
Discovery is making 20 positions available on its Medical Claims Assessing Learnership.
The Learnership programme consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience which totals to 1 500 learning hours. The qualification is Unit Standard Based and the programme is registered with the Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (InSeta) and will be accredited by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
This learnership's core focus will be Medical Claims Assessing data capturing.
Please note: This opportunity is being advertised in accordance with the company’s Employment Equity initiatives.
Guidelines for applying to the learnership:
- Please ensure that you apply for only 1 of the Learnerships advertised and that you meet the minimum criteria in order to be eligible for the Learnership;
- Please also have your Matric subjects and symbols on hand as you need to input this information on your application. You must have a valid SA ID.
The Learner will achieve the following benefits from this progrmame:
- Obtain a recognised and portable qualification in Claims Assessing; and
- Gain access to the industry with a better employment profile.
- Communication – communicates clearly and professionally to clients;
- Resilience & drive – pursues goals despite obstacles;
- Detail orientation – accurately captures or communicates information;
- Desire and potential to learn;
- Self motivated; and
- Basic computer skills.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Be South African Citizens;
- Hold a valid & recognised Matric with Maths (or Maths Lit -60% and above) & English (Minimum D Symbol on Standard Grade); & 2nd language (Minimum D Symbol)
- Not be engaged in post Matric studies or formal employment;
- Not have completed a previous Learnership
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years;
- Have effective communication skills in the English language;
- Possess basic computer skills;
- Express a keen interest in claims assessing and healthcare;
- Demonstrate high attention to detail.
- Ability to work accurately
- Interested in data capturing.
The cost of attending interviews and any relocation cost is for the account of the candidate. Discovery will not reimburse any costs incurred.
Closing Date: 30 November 2012.