- Created on Monday, 17 September 2012 07:11
- Hits: 7571
Gijima has recently launched the 2013 intake for the Information Technology Business Learnership Programme (ITBLP).
This Learnership provides talented youngsters from previously disadvantaged communities with advanced Information and Communication Technology training.
The ITBLP, in partnership with the Belgium Campus, offers qualification of a high standard - aligned with the needs of the international IT industry. Learners receive a iploma in Information Technology, NQF level 6, with a total of 348 credits. The courseware includes the following courses:
- Programming Java;
- Computer Security;
- SharePoint and
- other specializstions as required by companies.
The duration of the course is 18 months - comprised of 12 months of institutional training and 6 months in workplace training.
Also, if vacant posts are available, employment may be offered upon successful completion of the course.
In order to qualify for the ITBLP, sponsored by Bank Seta, Business Connexion, First National Bank, Gijima, IBM, MICT, Nedbank Ltd, South African Reserve Bank and Standard Bank, applicants have to meet the following admission requirements:
- Matric / Grade 12;
- Minimum entry requirements for higher education as set out by the Department of Education, with a National Senior Certificate score level 4, or higher in Mathematics and English (D Higher Grade or C Lower Grade. Please note: Mathematical literacy, as a subject will not be considered.);
- Willingness to study and stay in Gauteng Province;
- Willingness to undergo screening assessments;
- No bad credit rating;
- No criminal record; and
- South African citizenship.
How to apply:
Please note that current marticulants should supply us with their Interim Matric results for their application.
Closing date for Applications: 31 October 2012.
If applicants have not received a response from Gijima by 30 November 2012, they must consider their application as unsuccessful.