Friday, 08 February 2013
SAB is providing 25 people with an opportunity to enrol for a National Certificate in Food and Beverage Packaging NQF 3 at Alrode Production, Alrode. They will enter into a one-year, fixed term contract with Alrode Brewery during which they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
- Minimum Matric with mathematics and science
- Additional Technical Courses (N3 & N4) will be an advantage
- No experience required.
- Self motivated
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact well in teams
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
Output and accountabilities:
A learnership is a structured learning programme that combines off-the-job learning and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The off-the-job component covers more theoretical aspects of the learning with work-based learning providing the opportunity for application of the theory and the further practical learning experiences required. It will require the learner to complete the unit standards and submit assignments in line with the Food Bev NQF standards.
The on-the-job learning will require the learning to work shifts in the Packaging department as per the Line’s shift roster that will also require working overtime from time to time.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
- 1. A Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the (NQF) Qualification Framework.
- 2. The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards
- 3. The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria
- 4. Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilising a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
How to apply:
Interested applicants, who meet the above employee specifications, should click here to apply online by no later than 8 February 2013.
No ahand delivered / emailed applications will be accepted.