Wednesday, 28 November 2012
The City of Cape Town is offering Fire Fighting Learnerships in 2013. Successful applicants will get the chance to complete the required training for Fire Fighters, namely Fire Fighter 1, Hazmat (hazardous materials) Awareness and First Aid level 3.
Basic Salary: R103 037 p.a.
Ref.: SS 82/12
Job Purpose: Successfully complete the required training for Fire Fighters, namely Fire Fighter 1, Hazmat Awareness and First Aid level 3.
- Grade 12 qualification (Mathematics and Physical Science preferred)
- 18 years or older
- Must not suffer from fear of confined spaces or heights
- Must be physically fit
- Previous experience in a fire-related industry would be advantageous
- Ability to work in a team and cope with stressful situations.
Note: Candidates need to pass a physical assessment comprising of the following:
- Reach test
- 2.4 km run,
- bench press,
- fire fighters lift,
- ladder climb and
- claustrophobia test.
Candidates must also pass a written assessment (maths and comprehension), behavioural assessment and medical evaluation PRIOR to appointment.
Special conditions attached to the post:
- Non-permanent contract position for duration of training
- candidates will advance to permanent Learner Fire Fighter position on successful completion of the training programme
- required to wear a uniform.
How to Apply:
To be considered for these positions and participate in the assessments, applicants must follow the instructions as detailed below:
- Report to 53 Berkley Road, Ndabeni (old abattoirs premises) by 08:00 on the specified day:
- Bring along:
- Original ID Document,
- Certified copy of ID document,
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate,
- PT clothes.
- If your surname starts with A, B, C, D or E: be there on 3 December 2012;
- If your surname starts with F, G, H, I, J or K: be there on 4 December 2012;
- If your surname starts with L, M or N:be there on 5 December 2012;
- If your surname starts with O, P, Q, R or S: be there on 6 December 2012; and
- If your surname starts with T, U, V, W, X, Y or Z:be there on 7 December 2012.
No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants or with third parties.
Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
No late applications will be considered.
If no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date.
Please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Unfortunately this opportunity is now closed. Why not SUBSCRIBE to our email newsletter for details on new bursaries, learnerships, etc when they become available.