Monday, 26 November 2012
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Transport is offering 90 Trainee Provincial Inspector positions for a fixed period of two years to successful applicants during which time they will be required to successfully complete the Traffic Officers Diploma. On successful completion of this Diploma within the two year fixed period, the Trainee Provincial Inspector will be employed in a permanent capacity on 12 calendar months’ probation as a Provincial Inspector (salary level 6) without a break in service.
Closing date: 4 December 2012.
Salary: R90 396 pa (Salary Level 4).
Region and towns in which positions are available:
- Ladysmith (21 Posts):
- Midway - 1
- Ladysmith - 5
- Nqutu - 4
- Newcastle - 5
- Dundee - 4
- Greytown - 2.
- Empangeni (26 Posts):
- Vryheíd - 4
- Ulundi - 3
- Nongoma - 4
- Jozíni - 3
- Mtubatuba - 2
- Empangeni - 3
- Eshowe - 4
- Gingindlovu - 3.
- Pietermaritzburg (22 Posts):
- Kokstad - 4
- Umzimkulu - 4
- Ixopo - 4
- Pietermaritzburg - 6
- Underberg - 4.
- Durban (21 Posts):
- Pinetown - 6
- Rossburgh - 2
- Port Shepstone - 4
- ark Rynie - 3
- Umdloti - 3
- Groutville - 3.
Preference well be given to females and successful candidates will be required to enter into a performance agreement.
- A Senior certificate;
- A valid Code B driving licence – manual transmission;
- Physical illness allowing a person to perform strenuous exercise is a requirement. Please note that successful candidates will be subjected so a full medical examination to determine fitness before confirmation of appointment;
- Have no criminal record – Successful candidates will undergo a full SAPS clearance screening before being appointment;
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age.
NOTE: Successful applicants be appointed as a Trainee Provincial Inspector (commencing salary R96 396 per annum) for a fixed period of two years during which time they will be required to successfully complete the Traffic Officers Diploma. On successful completion of the Traffic Officer’s Diploma within the two year fixed period, the Trainee Provincial Inspector be employed in a permanent capacity on 12 calendar months’ probation as a Provincial Inspector (salary level 6) without a break in service.
Trainee provincial Inspectors who do not successfully complete the Traffic Officer’s Diploma after the two year fixed period will automatically have their employment terminated. Persons currently in the employ of the Public Service would be required to resign from their present positions, should they be successful for and appointed as Trainee Provincial inspectors.
Knowledge, Skills Training and Competencies Required:
- Problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Driving skills.
- Independent thinking
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Duties/Key Performance Areas:
- Conduct high visibility public information and awareness programmes.
- Maintaining committed good directed enforcement and control).
- Identifying and traffic problems,
- Communicating effectively with his/her colleagues and members of the public.
- Driving vehicles, operating machines as escort abnormal loads.
- Operating speed timing, dragger machine, mass bridge, booze bus and radios.
- Accepting responsibility for own, colleagues and the motoring public’ safety,
- Providing meaningful information to the motoring public regarding law administration.
- Accepting possibility for me condition of work related resources.
How to Apply:
Applications are to be forwarded to the:Acting Head: Transport Human Resource Management directorate
NB: Applications must clearly be marked for the attentions of Ms NG Nxumalo.
The application for employment form (z83) must be originally signed and must be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and originally certified copies (not copies of certified copies) of senior identity document and driver’s licence. Failure to comply with these instructions will lead to applications being regarded as incomplete and will be disqualified.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please refer to paragraph 3 of the covering page of this circular for further directions to candidates.
Closing date: 4 December 2012.
Unfortunately this opportunity is now closed. Why not SUBSCRIBE to our email newsletter for details on new bursaries, learnerships, etc when they become available.