- Created on Friday, 05 October 2012 09:57
- Hits: 6859
Are you fascinated by helicopters and dream of being able to fly one? The Transnet National Port Authority (TNPA) Trainee Programme has 15 positions available on its Helicopter Pilot Learnership Programme in Durban.
Location: TNPA Durban
The programmes are aimed at providing the trainees with on-the-job training and theoretical experience in the Marine Services environment of TNPA.
- Grade 12/matric certificate with passes Mathematics, Physical Science and English language;
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL) will be advantageous;
- Not older than 30 years;
- At least 1.60 metres tall;
- Be prepared to undergo full-time apprenticeship training over a 14 month period;
- Self-motivated and passionate about aviation;
- Medically fit;
- Will be required to comply with South African Civil Aviation legislation and meet SAMSA safety requirements.
Trainees will be required to attend ground school tuition at an approved aviation institution as well as practical flight instructions on helicopters towards the attainment of a Commercial Pilot License (CPL-H).
Applicants must be prepared to stay at the institution for the indicated training duration.
Please note that the trainee role is 14 month fixed term development programme and there are no placement guarantees.
How to apply:
Closing date: 10 October 2012.