- Created on Friday, 05 October 2012 09:57
- Hits: 8616
Do you like planes and would like to work as a maintenance engineer? The Transnet National Port Authority (TNPA) Trainee Programme has 16 positions available on its Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Learnership Programme in Durban.
Location: TNPA Durban
The programmes are aimed at providing the trainees with on-the-job training and theoretical experience in the Marine Services environment of TNPA.
- Grade 12/matric certificate with passes Mathematics, Physical Science and English language.
- Not older than 25 years.
- Be prepared to undergo full-time apprenticeship training over a 3 year period.
- Completed first year learnership will be an advantage.
- Self-motivated and passionate about aviation.
- Medically fit.
- Will be required to comply with South African Civil Aviation legislation and meet SAMSA safety requirements.
- Trainees will be required to undergo tuition at an approved aviation institution as well as practical training on helicopter maintenance towards the attainment of an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License (AME-rotorcraft).
- Applicants must be prepared to stay at the institution for the first 11 months of theoretical training.
Please note that the trainee role is 3-year fixed term development programme and there are no placement guarantees.
How to apply:
Closing date: 10 October 2012.