- Created on Monday, 01 October 2012 13:26
- Hits: 2926
Discovery is currently offering 5 young South Africans the opportunity to join its Short Term Insurance Learnership.
Tracking Number: LS/D225/31082012
Job Title: Short Term Insurance
Job Type Classification: Learnership
Recruitment Specialist: Candice Kress
The Learnership programme consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience which totals to 1 200 learning hours. The qualification is Unit Standard Based and the programme is registered with the Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (InSeta) and will be accredited by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
This learnership's core focus will be short term insurance in a call centre and IT environment.
Please note: This opportunity is being advertised in accordance with the company’s Employment Equity initiatives.
Guidelines for applying to the learnership:
- Please ensure that you apply for only 1 of the Learnerships advertised and that you meet the minimum criteria in order to be eligible for the Learnership;
- Please also have your Matric subjects and symbols on hand as you need to input this information on your application.
- You must have a valid SA ID.
The Learner will achieve the following benefits from this programme:
- Obtain a recognised and portable qualification in Contact Centre support; and
- Gain access to the industry with a better employment profile.
- Communication – communicates clearly and professionally to clients;
- Resilience & drive – pursues goals despite obstacles;
- Interpersonal skills – relates well to diverse people;
- Detail orientation – accurately captures or communicates information;
- Desire and potential to learn;
- Self motivated;
- Basic computer skills.
Qualifications and Experience: Candidates must:
- Be South African Citizen;
- Hold a valid & recognised Matric with Maths(Minimum D Symbol) Or maths Lit( 60 % and above) & English (Minimum C Symbol on Standard Grade);
- Learners must have achieved at least two languages at Matric (Minimum D symbol or Level 4);
- Not be engaged in post matric studies or formal employment;
- Not have completed any previous Learnership;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years;
- Have effective communication skills in the English language;
- Possess basic computer skills; and
- Express a keen interest in administration, call centre and customer service .
Closing Date: 30 November 2012.
Apply online, here.